View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
deathscent
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A question about the Temple of the Sleeper

yeah, i know, first post
anyhow, i've been playing gothic for quite some time. i stopped playing, a while ago, and started up again recently. i'm going through one and two, and i kind of stalled in one; in the Temple of the Sleeper, i'm at the pillars lava room; the one with the elevator, and the two switch in the bottom. i've done all that stuff, got up to where i should be; but now i can't go on any further
i guess what i'm trying to say, to put it simply, is that i need help getting self up to point where i can continue on, as i'm "stuck" in the lava area and can't continue. you can ask a few questions and i'll try to answer them as honestly as i can. i know that i'm not really describing it too thoroughly.

NOTE: best other advice i can give is that i've entered the area, have taken the elevator down, as well as back up after activating the switch, and HAVE NOT killed anything, needing to know how to get up to the temple guards (orc guards, whichever you're accustomed to) and on. please make the directions as specific as possible, thank-you.
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:25 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Welcome to the forums

You say "stuck".........do you mean you can't climb or jump back out of the elevator area (after going down, turning the switch, and riding back up)? Or do you mean you don't know what to do next?

Did you see a cutscene when you turned the switch?

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:49 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

deathscent,

By "stuck in the lava area" do you mean you can't find a way over to the temple guards?

If so, you need to jump back over to the tunnel on the opposite side of the area (away from the temple guards) and get back to where you can climb up the wall to where you initially entered this part of the Temple. The you can go straight through from the door you first entered and make it over to where the temple guards are. You really can't get there from the top of the elevator in the lava pit, directly.

It's difficult to describe but I hope some of thet jogs your memory.

BTW, welcome to the boards.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:31 am