Ring in pond
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

Ring in pond

This might be an old question to some people, but I really need help in figuring out how to solve it. I met a young lady on the road to Gnisis and she has lost a ring in the pond. Well after trying to help her out by spending ten minute trying to find the ring I have yet to find it. Does anyone know where in the pond it is?
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:10 am
Geo

Don't get the ring it's a waste of time looking for it, besides all you get in reward is get attacked. You see, it's a trap, so right when you pick up the ring you get attaked by her and her friend that has a ring of 80% Camuflage, for him though is constant, but not when you have it. The ring in the pond is useless is just an ordinary Expensive ring.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:18 am

Graaah!

Ring

Actually, it was kind of cool to fight her and her friend. They ended up floating in the water after I whacked them both. The ring is difficult to find. As you enter the pond, the ring will be on the left-hand side. It's beneath one of the many plants that grow along that edge. Fortunately, it's one of the first plants as you walk into the pond. You'll have to be patient because underwater sight is vey blurry. I just scanned back and forth through the pond until I'd found it.

Granted, it was a pain in the butt to find, but if it's the chameleon ring (can't remember), I've been putting it to good use while sneaking up on people and stealing from their shelves or getting past some foes.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:34 am

Geo

Oops, when I said the ring of "Camuflage" I ment Chameleon. I guess I was thinking about something else.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:40 am

Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

Oh I already killed the guy who was camouflaged. I thought he was one of those invisible guys everyone is talking about. So I have already done the best part of that quest. At first I thought the girl was just a dancer, but when she answered questions about her profession about being a theif and knowing so much about the thieves guild I should have known something was wrong. I might just go back and fight her now that her chances of winning are cut in half.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:49 am
Snoog

Man I spent forever looking for that damn ring.

I eventually gave up figuring either:

A.) It just wasn't there

or

B.) If it is, regardless of what the reward is, it isn't worth my time to spend another second staring at the bottom of the god damn pool where everything looks the same trying to pick out one pixel of difference amongst all that crap

And I was right.

Oh, and as for her saying she was a thief, almost all NPCs in the game have some sort of profession. Even the strippers in Suran say they're acrobats and whatnot. Very few commoners.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 7:21 am

Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

Not sure if its just my screen but, I find if you look just from the surface at an angle you get a clear view of the bottom. Much easier to find that way.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:58 pm
kamenjar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The ring looks like a black circle. Try using hight eye or light spell. Or search at noon.

If you you just give up and never fight the "invisible guy", you will never get amulet of shadows (he is wearing it), which is a unique item as far as I read in the book that lists unique items. The amulet lets you sneak right in front of the guard and even fight enemies while they can't see you (they just keep running away from you and say "Get away from me!" LOL).

The amulet is the best thing I have after boots of blinding speed (countered blinding effect).Not to mention that I found some of the best unique items in the game:
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 7:09 pm
Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

I yeah I went back there and fought here, but she did not have anything good to take. I already killed the invisible guy and took his amulet which has 80% invisibility, which is pretty sweet.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:35 am
Akaz1976

Damn i killed the woman but never got the amulet from her companion. Wonder if his body is still there

Akaz
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:30 pm

Prgrmr@wrk

Where exactly is this lady? I walked all the way from gnisis to ald'run (I think), but didn't find anyone other then a paralyzed barb, and some twit who lost her husband.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:18 am

Rob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i have YET to find this pond, can someone give me a DIRECTION from gnisis? i'm getting real tired of "mowing the lawn"-search tactics.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:31 pm
His Master's Voice
Village Leader
Village Leader

it's directly north of gnisis, i found it while running along the coast past the daedric and dwemer ruins, just north of the dwemer bridge.
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:40 pm