Fable Q&A at IGN
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Fable Q&A at IGN

The first part of their <a href="http://xbox.ign.com/articles/385/385461p1.html" target="_blank">Fable interview</a> has been published for the non-paying masses at IGN today (good things come to those who wait, don't they?). They questioned Dene Carter about the game formerly known as Project Ego. Interesting one, so head over and check it out.
Post Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:48 pm
GhanBuriGhan
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Hmmmm...
Do I catch a glimpse of a dumbed down game behind all the hype? continuous ageing? No, time moves in jumps and jerks! Subtlety and total freedom? Yeah, a little bit of freedom, but not too much, because the kids wouldnt get it? And what is this visual feedback for reputation increase gonna look like? A "reputation bonus" chip jumping across the screen a la Mario Bros? I am getting more and more sceptical about this one.
Post Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:53 pm
Horatio

are you actually surprised?

c'mon kids. we all knew where this one was going.

obviously, we won't know for sure until release, but the amount of rationalizing in that interview was ridiculous. The general gist is "we wanted to make it really complex and revolutionary, but then we realized we were making a console game".

cheers

h
Post Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:52 pm

Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Yeah, I have my doubts about the outcome as well. But lets keep the faith
Post Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:42 pm
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

If my memory serves me correct, there was a game already named fable. It must have been pout back in 1996. It was an adventure game. It was ok i guess... not the best game ever...not even good...ide have to say below average. haha . But if the name carried a curse, this game is ruined. haha I guess we will see
Post Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:19 am