Chromanin Found
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
ShadowShrike
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
I'm rather surprised you did this amazing work because of sadness. I mean, you checked all files and scripts, in all versions both in English and German game, you searched the whole net to find a screenshot... And you did this just because your superior spirit must enlighten the lower ones, you didn't want to be an I-know-better guy. It's very nice.

I didn't say I did it out of sadness-- I did it out of interest at first. I suspected it was fake, but I've been wrong before. When nothing turned up I became convinced it was a fake, for reasons listed above. As for the screenshot, no, I only read this thread. I trust that others who have been searching harder for this alternate ending than I have would have linked to one if it existed.

quote:

In other words: I don't care if there's no solution. I don't care if I'm being misled by Wulf (but actually I don't think so). I don't care any of the clever guys who show up and tell me who should I believe. I actually enjoy solving this riddle, even if this is a fake. I don't want to be offensive, you can be right, but for me it's irrelevant.

Well I'm not trying to stop you from carrying on. I am, in fact, not saying there is nothing to be found. I'm saying that what you are being told so far is definatly false-- nothing else.

quote:
ShadowShrike: It is not as if you have given the key to the situation.

Reason is the key to eternity.

quote:
Unless you have unlimited access to the writers' code and information there is no way you can tell what a patch adds to a game.

I scanned the patched data files . Naturally your later comments about encryption apply however.

quote:
What will you search for? If a alternative ending is this well hidden, it would be stupid not to encrypt the code and for that matter the audio file.

I thought of that, actually, but it seems a very remote possibility to me. If I remember correctly the .exe size changed little and no .dlls were added in the patch where this quest was put in the game... where would the unecryption code be? I'd be interested in someone who knows the Gothic file formats better than I do to look over the patch data and see what it contains, because that would be more solid evidence.

quote:
As said many times. We believe that Marvin mode "destroy" the alternative ending of the mission.

Surely there would be a pause as Gothic suddenly deletes/hides the tunnel, NPC, etc from the gameworld? At least on my computer (128mb RAM / TNT2 / 1.5ghz) the gameworld has rather slow loading pauses, and summoning makes the game skip a bit, so it follows that a quick change to remove the hidden stuff would have some noticable effect on speed. But there isn't-- go to the tower and enter marvin mode, no pause or anything. I urge you to try it out (using a CPU slowdown tool if your computer is fast) if you disbelieve me.

quote:
The other points are simply too stupid to comment on.

They're completely logical, but if you want to ignore them, there's nothing I can do to stop you...

quote:
Stryks: If you do not believe in wolverrine_men, you do not believe in Wulf either. They have experienced the same thing and can tell many things of the same things.

See, that's what bothers me. Wolverine's stuff is the most obviously made up (swamp hag material really) and if Wulf wasn't following on it, I'd be tempted to believe him. He is rather convincing saying he's just interested in finding the truth, but the fact that he still backs a lot of ridiculous stories and stuff that has no evidence nor proof leads me to believe that he was just the lucky first to cash in on the idea (note that the first and last person in the thread to know about any of it is him, regardless of all this 'searching').

quote:
If you doubt the alternative ending why waste time trying to convince others?

Because, as I said, it annoys, angers and saddens me to see people fooled around with in this manner. Or in any manner, really, but in a generally friendly game community it's particularly ridiculous and out of place.

quote:
Or maybe it is yourself you want to convince?

You're not seriously implying I've gone to this trouble to try to cover up my denial about the existence of a secret ending to a computer game, are you?

quote:
Foul words of scorn are of no consequence to me, it shows faithlessness in the human race

Faithlessness in the human race is caused by people spreading lies and concordantly planting malice, much like this particular situation. I leave wolverine out of it because he seems like a young kid, but I'd think someone as apparently mature as you are would have, over such an expanse of time, admitted that you're lying to people.

quote:
you have no knowledge of the facts

I've read all 22 pages.

quote:
There are no screenshots yet, but one day there will be,

But you've already made it clear that, according to your story, while you have not completed and do not fully understand the quest, you have seen things no one else has, things that prove the quest exists, multiple times, yet consistently failed to produce any evidence, and conviniently be unable to find them again later. Really...

At this point I am rather caught up in this, on a similar quest to disprove the existence of this quest, out of both interest and a hope that I'll end this farce. It's not out of malice, except to perhaps Wulf for all the lies, and I bear no ill will against anyone who believes him. I'm sure we'll see who turns out to be right some time soon.
Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:14 am
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

When I first read wolverine_men's first post, i didn't believe a word of it, it really did look like the work of an 8 yr old with nothing better to do. But with Wulf's posts being so convincing i figured it could be possible that it's true. Yet after all this time no one has found the alternative ending and there is more and more evidence that there is no alternative end. So, i'm soory to say Wulf that I am not a believer anymore, and I hope you know the consequences of your actions if you are lying.
Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:58 am
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

listen guys you might aswell debate whether or not there is a god
the truth is only what you belive your self and the worst thing you can do is trying to convince others that they are wrong .. thats how wars get started
so i say that who ever belives in the alternate ending keep looking till we one day have profe
to all of you who doesnt ..
find something else to do and stop reading this thred if you dont like it
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:05 pm
wolverine_men
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Even though I do not recall even a single occasion upon which I tried to denude the sanctity of this forum by relegating myself to the level of those who eschewed my claims by launching insults and derogatory remarks on my person, it was humorous to witness these same people coming out of the wood work all of a sudden to question my age. As the day of reckoning draws near more and more people will shy away from the daunting task at hand and in doing so would try to dissuade others to do the same. I would urge the people who still believe in the existance of the quest to stay focussed and to not give in to the sneers and jeers of the naysayers.
Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:13 pm
ShadowShrike
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
convince others that they are wrong .. thats how wars get started

That's absolutely ridiculous. Everything in the world is not opinion; there is fact and logic, and it accomplishes absolutely nothing to yell "it's only your opinion so shut up" from the peanut gallery. If we did not collectively pursue truth through logic, civilization itself would not exist.

quote:
Even though I do not recall even a single occasion upon which I tried to denude the sanctity of this forum by relegating myself to the level of those who eschewed my claims by launching insults and derogatory remarks on my person, it was humorous to witness these same people coming out of the wood work all of a sudden to question my age. As the day of reckoning draws near more and more people will shy away from the daunting task at hand and in doing so would try to dissuade others to do the same. I would urge the people who still believe in the existance of the quest to stay focussed and to not give in to the sneers and jeers of the naysayers.

That's the single funniest thing I've read all week. After writing like a 12-year old for the whole thread, when your age is questioned, you pull out a thesaurus and suddenly start spewing out incorrectly used long words like the Architect from Matrix Revisited. Day of reckoning? Sanctity of the forum? Shy away from the daunting task? Good god, can you possibly get any more bombastic? Or are you going to start a religion over this quest ? By the way, the figure of speech is "coming out of the woodwork."

In response to the content of your post, which is rather drowned out by its hilarious excecution, I have simply this to say: If your only response in the face of clear logic is to call reason sneers and rationality jeers, it is only further evidence that everything you have been telling people is a lie.
Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:01 pm
Stryks
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I applaud you, Wolverine_Men, for making yourself look like a total ass. Tell your mom or dad how wonderful their words sound.
Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:06 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

It looks to me like some guys are purposely trying to railroad through this thread (as i suspected might happen at some point) - therefore, so as not to give them the pleasure, i will not post in this thread any more, as each answer leaves an open path for further abuse (which in some sad way seems to give them delight) my heart is not with this anymore, because if i solved the puzzle, i most definately would not post the info or screenshots in the light of this recent orchish atmosphere.

I find it interesting that this thread has been waylayed, by a supposed know-all's first post just a few weeks away from the christmas day deadline of winning the alienware pc. He does not know where the hidden data files are, i certainly do and such a brilliant idea!

To think that wolverine_men kindly went out of his way to try and assist us find the old man, giving us several crucial clues, yet not giving the game away entirely (i'm glad about that) is a great jesture to be remembered, he has my personal respect and esteem, his words were a pleasure to read.

From this day forth, after playing gothic for four years, i am calling it quits, i have enjoyed the friendly discussions on this cromanin topic, which is probably the biggest missed quest of all time in the whole rpg gaming industry, i only did the quest once, but could never solve the logic of the riddle so as to be able to see the old man again, but i tried very hard in order that others could meet him and find the answers to many unanswered questions still floating round the forums, i played every which way but loose, day and night, - but i failed.

Good bye all you good guys.

Your true gaming pal. Wulf.
Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:47 pm
ShadowShrike
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Wulf
i most definately would not post the info or screenshots in the light of this recent orchish atmosphere.

What a convinient excuse. Unfortunaty you don't have one for the previous 22 pages.

I'd feel some pity for you if I wasn't certain you were lying. Regardless of that, this thread has come full circle now, like any bad joke ought to in the end-- it's revealed and now dead. I recommend people don't waste their time searching for the quest any more, but if they want to, I won't complain. I do have one piece of most urgent advice, however: Don't make Wulf's mistake and lie about your findings. They're the last thing a community project needs.

Cheers.
Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:09 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

ShadowShrike
If you wanna beat on someone for fauls clames go beat up the mud familiy and their stupid claims about the swords of nellike or what ever they call it
i dare to say that you would have the blessing of us all
but leave this quest alone or i will see to it that you shall not cross the river stixx that that you'll be band from the life beyound after your silly little life has passed
Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:22 pm
ShadowShrike
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Uocjat
or i will see to it that you shall not cross the river stixx that that you'll be band from the life beyound after your silly little life has passed

It's spelled Styx-- I'm sure Charon would appreciate that
Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:11 am
Bklynking43
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I know where Chromain is haha if you want it i'll tell you it's in a sunken tower in the northwest part of the colony where the fire varans(about 3) live and two shipwrecks look over on the hill you would see the tower walk into it and proceed down until a level where there is a skeleton mage and some skeletons kill all of them and search the skeleton mage you'll find the Chromain(a book), two scrolls and a rune withice magic.
And trust me on this i just did that part a couple of hours ago and describe it to the best of my abilities.
Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:21 am
Bklynking43
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I know where Chromain is haha if you want it i'll tell you it's in a sunken tower in the northwest part of the colony where the fire varans(about 3) live and two shipwrecks look over on the hill you would see the tower walk into it and proceed down until a level where there is a skeleton mage and some skeletons kill all of them and search the skeleton mage you'll find the Chromain(a book), two scrolls and a rune withice magic.
And trust me on this i just did that part a couple of hours ago and describe it to the best of my abilities.
Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:21 am
Bklynking43
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Chromain

Chromain is found on the north east part of the map in a sunken tower, you sould look for a beach were there are fire varans and 2 shipwrecks and look on top a hill on the left where that tower is and proceed inside it and down the stairs and face skeletons and after two flights of stairs you go into a room that a skeleton mage and skeletons occupy kill them all and search the mage and you will find the Chromain along with some scroll and a rune. Hope this helps.
Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:34 am
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

yes that would be the first book .. there are 5 more .. and there might be an alternate ending to the quest thats the part everyone is fighting about here
Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:07 pm
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Well done, ShadowShrike.

In a way, I am going to miss Wulf, wolverine_men and this silly thread. It was really amusing to go through the posts and read how much Wulf/wolverine_men wanted to convince people of an alternate path to the Chromanin quest, and how many people actually bought into the notion, no matter the complete and utter lack of evidence to support it. It was like reading a more sophisticated version of an earlier thread that ran on endlessly about the claimed sightings of a mysterious "swamp witch" located somewhere in the Swamp Camp. The only thing I became convinced of as this current thread wore on was that Wulf and wolverine_men were one and the same person.

But ultimately we should thank ShadowShrike for taking the time to thoroughly debunk the nonsense spewed by the "Wulferine_men". I might have tackled it myself at some point, but I was still having too much fun following the latest bits of conjecture and tail chasing being posted here.

Thanks again, ShadowShrike.
Post Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:32 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 41, 42, 43  Next