FAQ
Members
Usergroups
The Fall - Last Days of Gaia (PC, Single- & Multi-Player
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread

sounds good!

Fallout + Gothic + Jagged Alliance 2 = FUN!
Post Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:44 am

Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

I certanly hope so!
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:06 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I wasn't aware it had any elements of Gothic.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:45 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Sure...it has a large non-linear world, fully-voiced NPCs with advanced schedules...the setting may look different but there's a lot a parallels.
Post Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:14 am
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

I can never appreciate a game's athmosphere and setting when it has a point and click interface
Post Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:38 am
A lonely man

That would be a great game
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:33 pm

Jagged Alliance 2? Are you comparing a game whose centered around tactical turn-based combat with a RT combat game? Thats insane.
Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:40 am

Poot

People need to quite bashing a game they know very little about. The game appears to be great from what I have seen so far. Watch the trailer and then form your own opinion. SSE interacts with the community like no other developer I have ever seen and I have been a CRPG'r for over twenty years. Go here for more information:

www.the-fall.com

Note: This game should not be compared with a turn-based game at any time. It playes similar to NWN with the real time/auto pausable interface.

Note2: The trailer is in German and the English music will be different since the music styles differ in various countries. You can also replace the standard music with your own soundtracks.
Post Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:28 pm

Duran
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Looking forward to this title.

I have to say that I am looking forward to this title.
At first (last year) I wasn't impressed.
But .. as I learned more about this title, I got more interested.
Last month I read a preview and if they keep the promises they made, we could have a winner on our hands.
I heard that it will first be released in Germany and later on in the rest of Europa / US.
So I will check the german reviews and if they are positive : this game will turn up op my "To buy list".
Post Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:53 pm
Zebulon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

" The Fall "

Release date comes closer !
(So will you update the RPGdot Shop ?)
Post Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:39 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

It is about time that a good RPG comes out, i´m still playing playing Gothic2 and Baldurs Gate2 because imo nothing better has come out yet
But new game, new change and this looks quite good so bring it on!
Post Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:11 pm
methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I've had the game for 4 days now and I' really dissapointed.Non-linear it is not Dhruin,you can only do the quests excactly the way they were programmed or you just can't do the quest.Not only that but most of the quests are bugged so you can't do them even if you do everything you're suppossed too.Performance and game-play bugs galore.
The lead dev is apologizing all over the place but says it was tested before release but admits that ati radeon 9700 cards were not.I can't believe the game was tested at all because in the first 5 min. in I alone found 4 bugs.The camera just plainly sucks and movement is not much better.
Right now The Fall deserves a 4 out of 10 and thats being generous.Even when it is extensively patched,it is way too linear for me.

P.S. if Vampires is this bad,I will run amok!

P.P.S. Theres a new patch\update that brings The Fall from 1.1 to 1.2.It addresses the ati 9700 graphic card prob.Get it from the forum..when that works.
Post Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:07 pm

can you say how it is so linear ? .. I mean .. can you do the quests in any order.. or you mean the quests itself are linear to solve.. ?
Post Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:28 am

methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

The quests themselves are linear.You HAVE to do them a certain way.You can't just think up another solution.I would give you an example but that would spoil it for those that haven't played yet.You know as well as I that there are different ways to get something accomplished but thats not the case here and I find like someone else is in control,at least some what,and that takes away from my playing pleasure.
Post Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:39 am