Usergroups
New Spells?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Actually, you can easily get enough power to (grand)master 4-5 realms for both you Bishop and Mage, but it all depends on you using spells from the different realms. If you always use the "same" spell, you only will get powerfull in one realm.
Try to get powerfull in the realms that contain the really important spells: Protection. "Soul shield", Missile shield", "Elemental shield", "Silence" and the condition healing spells, "Healing" cure poison etc. and the attack spells: "Death", Insanity, and some fire/water multi target spells!
Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 3:53 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Which realm contains Death and Insanity? I guess mental magic for Insanity, but what about death??

Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 5:35 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

It's all in your manual, but okay here it comes.
The instant death spell for the mage is called: Asphyxiation (level 7) and is connected to the realm "Air" Where you also find the very usefull spells: "Set portal", "Return to portal", Missile shield" and "Shadow hound", so go use this realm everytime you fight. The best damage spell on one creature if the "death" spells don't work is "Dehydrate" from the Water realm.
For the Bishop the instant death spells is called "Instant death" and "Death wish" both from the "Divine" realm. For the bishop I recommend besides "divine" and "mental" the realms "Air" and "Water" to be able to use "Cure disease", "Cure poison", "Cure paralyses", "Rest all" and last but certainly not least "Silence".
NB: If the "instant death" spells don't kill a creature on the first try, it don't necessary mean that it is resilliant to it, just try again. Very very few creatures can resist the "death spells" if you cast them a few time in a battle.
Post Fri Feb 01, 2002 1:00 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Good grief..now I can't wait to get my mage up to a high enough level to learn that spell...

Seems to me that the bishop spells you mention should be under divine magic..I mean, what does cure poison have to do with Air or Water?? Sounds divine to me!

Post Fri Feb 01, 2002 2:27 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, one of my mages is very good with Asphyxiation, another one with Instant Death and Death Wish.
It is very nice to fight with large groups of creatures with low magic resistance - Just one or both of my mages cast their spells and everything is dead. Nice ...
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 8:48 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Regarding Cure Poison, Cure disease etc under Water/Air realms. Frankly I don't no why they are put under these realms, maybe because they had to fill all the realms with a equally amount of spells, or just want to make the player have a harder time i choosing his/her realms of favorit!
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 9:34 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Yes, that sounds logical to me...Why give a player all of the nice 'cure' spells under one realm? Make them master multiple realms if they want all the spells...tricky little designers!!!

Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:54 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

My mage is already master of 3 realms and is quiet good in 4th (level 22 now). So I guess it will be possible to learn 4 or 5 realms very well (but only at the end of game )
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 6:28 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Wow, I'm envious! My mage (at level 11) is only getting to be a master of 2 realms..I had devoted her to fire and water from the start, but there's just too many good spells in the Wind realm for me to ignore..Noxious fumes, Missile shield...very good spells.. I think Water/Wind would be the way to go, if I were to restart..

Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 7:06 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I do not buy all spells from all this realms.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 8:09 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

I actually found almost all the spellsbooks I could use, never had to buy one!
My definition of a(grand)master in a realm, is when you can use the most powerfull spell (level 7 spells) in the realm with maximum power! (All dots are green). So still any Grandmasters left??? in any realms?
Post Tue Feb 05, 2002 8:18 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-02-05 02:18, Michael C wrote:
I actually found almost all the spellsbooks I could use, never had to buy one!
My definition of a(grand)master in a realm, is when you can use the most powerfull spell (level 7 spells) in the realm with maximum power! (All dots are green). So still any Grandmasters left??? in any realms?

No... No masters here
Post Tue Feb 05, 2002 8:52 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Well "Danicek" you must be very close in at least one realm! No red or orange dots, only green and yellow dots!?
Post Tue Feb 05, 2002 9:06 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, I am very close in fire realm (maybe one or two not green dots in "Nuclear Blast") and very close in water realm (maybe 3 or 4 not green dots in "Blizzard").

Another one is very close in two other realms (it is very helpfull - to know 4 realms very well )
Post Tue Feb 05, 2002 6:13 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Dani~

What level is your mage to be that proficient in that many spells?? You must be in low to mid 20's, I think..

Post Tue Feb 05, 2002 11:51 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next