Might & Magic IX
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

I just found some informations about the upcomming game:
"Might and Magic IX: Writ of Fate - GameplayMight and Magic IX: Writ of Fate will utilize the Lithtech version 2.5 engine from Monolith. In this first person RPG, New World Computing is expanding the Might and Magic brand to another new world while staying true to the traditions of the Might and Magic universe.

RPG gamers will enjoy over 60 hours of in depth game play. Create a party of 4 Player Characters and hire up to 2 Non Player Characters which actually join in your battle for the unification of the glory days of the Cheh'dian.Adventuring- 10 Large areas to explore - 40+ Hand Tuned Dungeons - 23 Skills - 40+ Spells in a brand new system - 8 Ultimate Character Classes Quests:- 26 Promotion Quests - 21 Secondary Quests - 20 Mainline Quests".

[ This Message was edited by: Michael C on 2001-09-27 07:32 ]
Post Mon Jul 16, 2001 11:20 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Btw- The game is rumoured to be released in the beginning / middle of year 2002.

[ This Message was edited by: Michael C on 2001-07-16 06:38 ]
Post Mon Jul 16, 2001 11:27 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Ther are even a little more information here:
http://www.cgonline.com/previews/mm-09-p1.html

[ This Message was edited by: Michael C on 2001-07-16 06:46 ]
Post Mon Jul 16, 2001 11:44 am
Garrett

I know, search our news for Might & Magic 9 news and you'll find it all
I LOVED MM6-8 and am looking so much forward to MM9
Post Mon Jul 16, 2001 2:10 pm
Jay
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Looking forward to it myself, along with HoMM 4. Its great to see these classic games updated, and I hope that 3DO get back on their feet.
Post Mon Jul 16, 2001 5:25 pm
Garrett

Yup - let's hope so; also for Interplay, who seem to walk the financial razor's edge each year. Should these two shut down, I bet, there would 60% less RPG's!
Post Mon Jul 16, 2001 6:16 pm
Garrett

Yup - let's hope so; also for Interplay, who seem to walk the financial razor's edge each year. Should these two shut down, I bet, there would 60% less RPG's!
Post Mon Jul 16, 2001 6:16 pm
Ryder
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:

On 2001-07-16 13:16, Garrett wrote:

I think you may find that if 3DO went bust that some other company would buy NWC so Heroes and the M&M series would still be made.

Oh yeh, one thing I am disappointed about is the estimated game time, 60 hours is nowhere long enough. If the characters look anything like those 2 pics they've released then the game will look very sweeeeet though.
Post Tue Jul 17, 2001 4:30 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Garret: I actually tried to search for Migth & Magic 9 (IX) news, but with no result for the last 2 years. I don't no what I'm doing wrong, but I can't find anything related to MM9 on the RPGDot.com news archives. So I just thought that you guys had forgot all about it?
Well anyway,it don't heard to get these informations again. I really look forward to the next MM9 with an all new graphic engine wow!
60 hours may not seems alot of gaming hours, and my reaction was also, more...more. But actually 60 hours is quite a long time, but BG2,Demise a.o. games have far over the double of gaming time. But many didn't finish these games for the same reason. If these 60 hours, is with good quality and engagement, I would by satisfied, and if the game again comes with a high replay value (Dark/ligth, Good/evil or what ever), I see no problem in that. For the very thorough player there may even be 10-20 more hours of gameplay.

Regarding HOMM IV, I'm also looking forward to that, even if it's (only)a turnbased strategy game with a few rpg elements.

[ This Message was edited by: Michael C on 2001-07-17 06:03 ]
Post Tue Jul 17, 2001 11:01 am
Garrett

hint: try to extend the timespan
Post Tue Jul 17, 2001 11:44 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

I tried from 1/1-1999 to 1/1 2002 using the texts "Migth & Magic 9", "Migth & Magic IX" and just "Migth", and all of them just show me an empty screen with a "close this window" on.
Post Tue Jul 17, 2001 11:59 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Ok, our search on the main page is not too reliable at the moment, we are still tweaking around a litte.

I suggest you go to "Games" on the left navigation menu and search there for "all newsbits, concerning everything, about Might & Magic 9 - Writ of Fate" - this produces links to 4 newsbits, dating from june 21st (when we heard about this game first from a swedish site to July 12th, when we reported about it for the last time).

This search there is the most reliable, although it only reaches back to things that transpired during E3 (we haven't categorized the news before that day yet, but this will happen over time).

The latest 9 newsbits, a link to the gallery (if there is one) and links to our articles about that game can be fond at the "at a glance" page for games. They can be accessed eiher via newsbits or from the alphabetical listing of games).

Seems I should do a users guide to RPGDot as a feature soon

Post Tue Jul 17, 2001 12:12 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Damn, I'm looking forward to that. I think the Might and Magic series has received very unfair reviews by the press, considering how much fun I personally had playing it. Ah, well, at least half the sites that gave them bad reviews have gone broke.
Post Tue Jul 17, 2001 12:14 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Rendelius: Okay I found the 4 news bit via the games menu search thanx, but your main page search machine didn't bring me these answers. But you are already looking into that you say!
Garret: Sorry, for pointing out some news, you already, have covered thoroughly days ago!
In my desperate search for news on this game, I think my tolerance was to low, to search in alternative ways, to find the wanted informations.

To get the attention back to the game again, I want to add that, most if not all of the hard critics for the MM7 and MM8 was the dated graphics, and now MM9 comes with a brand new lithect engine version!
Well this must be one thing most players have been waiting for. For me it's an interesting feature, but i still play and enjoy the games for there immersive gameplay.
Post Tue Jul 17, 2001 12:48 pm
Garrett

Michael C: You also had a typo: Migth instead of Might
But still with Might, it didn't work
Maggott: Strange, everybody I talk to, loves MM6-8; I rated ;;8 with 86% - bit so many others just look at the grafx and rate the game low
Post Tue Jul 17, 2001 1:18 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next