New to Gothic 2 and Need some Help.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Forsaken_Mannel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

New to Gothic 2 and Need some Help.

Im new to Gothic 2 and I need some advice. Like how much should I level before Joining a guild. And what are some recommended ways or places to level. Also Im joining the paladins.
Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:29 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Your level before joining a guild depends on the guild itself.
Joining the militia is the easiest way. You only need to become a citizen and those quests aren't very hard to do.
Joining the mercenaries is rpobably the hardest of the three. Several mercenaries will fight you to see if you're not a wimp. I'd say about level 8 and some nice weaponry is useful too.
Joining the mages depends on your style of playing. If you want to become a battle mage (with a lot of fighting skills in combination to powerful magic), you'll need to level up high, most of the battle mages are about level 15-17 before joining. In any case you'll need some fighting skills (levelling) before becoming a novice, because in the beginning your magic isn't very strong.

Nice places to train are the areas around Onar's farm (be careful, there are some nasty creatures), around the tavern (a lot of easy scavengers) and around Sekob's farm (nice swamp with lurkers and bloodflies). There are also several nice exp-caves to be found, but in most cases the creatures are a little tougher underground than above.
Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:42 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

the mercs might be a little harder, but nothing do worry about, id suggest you join them, but do as you like

another great place to train is near the lighthouse, just stay away from the bandits, theyr quite dangerous if you have a low level
Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:16 pm
Forsaken_Mannel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the advice . And on the quest from the smith, the bandits hes talking about. Are they the ones at the lighthouse or somewhere else?
Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:37 pm
ReD SpEcTrE
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A couple of things. First, since you're new to Gothic 2, i suggest u join the militia, cuz i found it really, really, really easy to beat the game as a Paladin. as a member of the militia, you get free equipment, and you can join at a low level. Also, as a Paladin, you wont need to buy too many weapons anymore because you'll be able to bless your own weapon, and turn it into the most powerful sword (in my opinion) in the game. And the spells that the paladins are given are very strong, and cost very little mana to use, so that means easy levels. i was able to wipe out the entire orc camp in the valley of Mines with only the spell Holy Arrow, and that gave me about 9 levels by itself.

second, the bandits r up near Akil's farm. go up the stairs leading to his farm, and enter the forest. stay on the left side, and you should see a bandit cave somewhere there.
Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:17 pm