FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Ambermoon (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Jurie Horneman

This was the sequel to Amberstar. It was only officially released for the Commodore Amiga in German. Although an English version was developed it was never released because the company went bankrupt. However, it is available on the net.
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:01 pm

Mario

Ich werde die Sache hier auf deutsch verfassen, da das Spiel ja auch von einer dt. Firma, also THALION, erstellt wurde. <br>Ich hatte auf dem PC zuerst Amberstar gezockt und war begeistert. Mit Ambermoon auf dem Amiga (was ja eigentlich an sich schon kurios war, da die sogenannte Computer-Konsole nun wahrlich kein RPG-Flaggschiff war) kam eigentlich eines der besten Rollenspiele der Computergeschichte auf den Markt. Obwohl das Design an sich ja schon irgendwo alt war (also 2D und 3D), brachte die Grafik trotzdem die entsprechende Motivation rüber. Den letzten Kick gab es dann noch durch die Story, die von Beginn bis Ende super war... <br> <br>Ich sage nur: Schade, dass dieser Serie nur zwei Spiele beschieden wurden!!! <br> <br> <br>In diesem Sinne: MARIO.
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:34 pm

Ben Friedrich

This game is in fact the best Amiga-Game of all times! A huge world, lots of characters, fantastic music, hard quests and nearly unlimit spells. The map is still on the wall and listen to this: You couldn't create something better on Commodore Amiga and that's for all nine hells sure!
Post Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:10 pm

crpgnut
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I really enjoyed Amberstar, the prequel to this game. I would love to play Ambermoon but I've heard the unofficial English version has some game-stopping bugs. Can anyone refute this?
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:27 pm

one of the best games of all times. amberstar and ambermoon just plain rocked. rpgs like these are just not build anymore. the games were huge... and i really mean huge.
still worth playing them on an amiga amulator.
Post Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:33 pm

Ryslaw
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by crpgnut
I really enjoyed Amberstar, the prequel to this game. I would love to play Ambermoon but I've heard the unofficial English version has some game-stopping bugs. Can anyone refute this?

I think that the English version of Ambermoon is fully playable. There're some patches that fix the problems with certain quests. You can find lost of information about Ambermoon and other Thalion games (including downloadable files) on the following web-page:

http://www.cus.org.uk/~alexh/

I hope it helps.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:44 am