Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What is that noise?? Can i kill the warehouse guy?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
gatorsrule8
Village Leader
Village Leader

What is that noise?? Can i kill the warehouse guy?

What is that noise in the trees just ouside of the main castle? it is also present at different places throughtout the game, it is like something crawling through the bushes. Can i kill the warehouse guy with no repucussions? What can i do with a big pack of weed with no value lol??

Also at what point shoudl i visit the valley of mines? I got the key and everything but i am always killed by the orcs and dragon snappers.
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:18 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

YOu can kill the warehouse guy cause I think he isnt involved in any mission
(as a paladin at least).The big pack of weed is something you need to complete in a mission, if I am refering to the same weed then either you through it at the see or you give it to the Militia Lord.The point isnt to kill the Orcs or the draggon-snappers at the VoM but running away from them and get in one piece inside the Old Camp(the castle at the VoM).About the noise I cant recall such a thing.I hope I helped you.
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:28 pm
gatorsrule8
Village Leader
Village Leader

THANK YOU. that helps a lot, the noise seems to be in a lot of bushes. it sounds like something running through them but i can stand right beside the bush and no move and it will still make the noise... so its not me... and i looks all around but there is nothing there
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:35 pm
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

That is just ambient noise and there is really nothing there.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:56 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

I think they put that in there to make paranoid people feel more at home in the game.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:59 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

This should probably be in spoilers so I'll code it.
Spoiler:
There is something in the bushes just outside the castle. There is a cave hidden in there opposite side of castle. Save first as there is a big nasty in there.

As for the noise in general, I think it is suppose to be you walking in leafs. But it is out of step with the actual character.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:00 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I'd recommend being at least level ten before entering the Valley of Mines so you can at least kill a couple of orcs and dragon snappers. As for when you're supposed to go in there; Chapter 2.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:32 am
gatorsrule8
Village Leader
Village Leader

You can kill orcs at lecvel ten? I am at like level 18 and i cant kill them lol i probably just suck.
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:09 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Yeah you probably do. No, just kidding, just practice some more.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:50 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

@gatorsrule8. What are you playing, Militia? What weapon do you have? I am level 18 and can kill three orcs and an orc elite at same time. Maybe we can give you a few pointers.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:42 am
ShadowAssas1n
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

bout da weed package, you either give it to Lord Andre for a mission IF ure militia, or you talk to Cipher in Onar's Farm and do his missing weed mission. Also I could just barely kill 1 orc when I was level 16 Paladin .
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:26 am
gatorsrule8
Village Leader
Village Leader

i am level 18 i have idk but it is a double bladed ax does 60 damage i am at 36 % on 2 handed weapons i have some ultimate d ring which gives me 10 protection in everything and medium mercernary armor
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:09 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Have you been to the valley of mines yet? I think its time for higher sword skills and the heavy militia armor and you should do just fine. I went to the VoM and got a few items and then came out, leveled up by finishing the stuff I couldn't do before, and am basicly popping in and out of there so I can level up, buy stuff, safe up potions, and get ready for the end of the game still ahead.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:18 am
Gothic_7
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by cmckj50
@gatorsrule8. What are you playing, Militia? What weapon do you have? I am level 18 and can kill three orcs and an orc elite at same time. Maybe we can give you a few pointers.

Give me some pointers!
I've beat the game, but I couldn't handle 3 Orc Warriors and an Orc Elite at the same time at that level. Enlighten me please.
Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:28 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

quote:
Originally posted by MageofFire
Yeah you probably do. No, just kidding, just practice some more.

ROFL!!
ok
1) That sound you keep hearing is the #1 reason why Im *always* inside a city as soon as the sun sets. Its just ambient noise that gives the impression of something running past you in the woods. Nevertheless, it scares the hell out of me when the sun goes down.
2) The weed package. Keep it, tell Andre you threw it in the water, but then give it to Cipher for more exp and his vote to be a merc
3) Yes taking on multiple targets is very much doable in your low teens so long as you already have:
OrcSlayer/Torturer's Axe and 35+ swordskill
65+ str and Heavy Militia armor
Parry and Backstep will help you take on a small army later on when timed right.
1 correct parry will block multiple shots so long as you suceesfully blocked the first incoming shot (ie if 3 orcs are coming at you at once and you block orc 1, orcs 2 and 3 will have their shots blocked as well as long as you dont try to sneak a shot in)
if you back/sidestep while parrying, you can then go into your own 2-3 swing combo immediately after your swordscollide (depending on your sword skill, 2 shots combo is very easy to drop in)
Short of skeletons, this technique works perfectly against all other monsters and once you are 50%+ in your main sword skill, even the skeltons cannot compete with your speed and quickness with the blade.
Once you master parrying in Gothic, combat goes from a life and death situation to an amazingly fun time on the battlefield. If you want to practice parrying, best place is on the bandits/highwaymen in leather armor. You can tell low in skill they are just by how long their arms stay raised before their attack swing is started
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:46 pm