Silent Hunter 3 help
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Adventure Games

Author Thread
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

Silent Hunter 3 help

Jesus, joseph, and mary. I got this game off of direct2drive yesterday and it looks like it might be a good game, but since I can't figure a goddamn thing out I want to smash it.

All I've tried to do is the navigation toturial. I can get the first objective finished but none of the following. I can head SSE (I'm figuring that means south, south, east or more south than se) but maybe its a base, who knows?

The second objective is to navigate through the channell, well I've done that 50 frikkin times I think and never got credit for it. I actually drove (or sailed, whatever the butpirates call it when in a sub) way far out into the open ocean, still no credit for the task.

The third and forth task is to dive to periscope level and sail 25 meters south. I've done this but I don't think it counts until task two is done. How the hell do you do task two, how do navigate out of the channell? What kind of God would allow every reviewer of this game say that it is rather simple? Compared to what? Figuring out how to beam people into space like on star trek? Navigation is only the very first tutotial out of like 5 or 7 of them and 5 hours later I haven;'t even been able to figure out task two. Please help me I'm stupid.
Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:55 pm
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Re: Silent Hunter 3 help

EDIT: Just remembered it is essential to check this radio page as he gives you instructions to travel at various speeds during task 2. I.e 2/3 or flank

quote:
Originally posted by Roqua
Jesus, joseph, and mary. I got this game off of direct2drive yesterday and it looks like it might be a good game, but since I can't figure a goddamn thing out I want to smash it.

All I've tried to do is the navigation toturial. I can get the first objective finished but none of the following. I can head SSE (I'm figuring that means south, south, east or more south than se) but maybe its a base, who knows?

SSE is if you take SE and E and go exactly in the middle of those 2 bearings. You don't start doing the next tasks until the second is complete. To complete the second you just stay in a straight line until you get the radio tramission. After you get the radio transmission make sure you check the log by using the shortcut (note that this is not the same as checking your objectives by using the menu option) You should get a page with both messages received and messages sent on it. Sorry but I forgot the key to bring this up, it is something like R or M or L.
Post Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:34 am
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

Thanks man for the help. I thought it might have something to do with the radio man but after I get a message saying I got a radio message and I click on the radio guy and hit all three options it tells me no report was sent.

And the manual I have has no hotkey list and doesn't explain things very well, wtf is a hydrophone? I don't know. I hope thats in a later tutotial. But anyway, thanks alot for the help, this game really seems like it could be great if I can evver make heads or tails of it. I wish it was turn-based though.
Post Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:27 am
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

You can't get to the screen using the radio man. I had exactly the same problem and tried many times. You might just have to experiment with different keys on the keyboard :/
Post Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:06 am