View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by the mighty stamar
You can even read regular news about one of the wizardry 7 people making a retro wizardry 7 type game 10 years and counting later, and aparently it is being published.
You're thinking of DW Bradley's company, Heuristic Park. They've already put out Wizards and Warriors thru Activision (a bugfest that had lots of potential), and are working on a new one, Dungeon Lords (think that's the name).
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:06 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

No im talking about Grimoire.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:28 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I could be wrong, but I don't think Cleve had anything to do with Sir-Tech.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:26 pm
Garrett

Yes he had! Cleve worked on older Wizardries, I think 5 & 6 or so...
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:51 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

He worked on wizardry 7. The site says it about 12 times.

Dungeon lords I have a feeling will be great. But, it doesnt look like a wizardry game at all it looks like a gothic or morrowind game.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:10 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I apologize for doubting you, Stamar. I started following the Grimoire saga about 6 months ago, but didn't pay much attention to Cleve's history. It looks interesting to me as well, but I'm a little concerned what it will be like if it ever sees light of day.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:54 am
shrewgirl
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

importing party from wiz 8 into a theoretical wiz 9

If you did not finish the game Wizardry 8; please do not read this comment
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
I guess the point I was trying to make was that depending on how you did the dark savant in in the end, you became one of the "gods" so if your party became like gods(remember they spent their time reinventing Dominus and repairing the evil that had been done) so if you did that, why on earth would your party members want to step down from that and go on another quest where they could get killed??? So if there is a Wiz 9 it seems like it would only be logical to assume you would have to have a new party...the other two ways you could end it, one of them you join the Dark Savant and become evil and spread evil, but still why would you go on another quest...that's why I was comparing it to the storyline of The Highlander series...any scenario where you get to import the party from 8 would be illogical...but then it is fantasy....either way, I would like to play the game, until that hopeful day, there is Divine Divinity and a few other games...and always the Last movie in the LOTR trilogy, which hopefully will be out before the end of the year....
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:45 am
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I really really hope they do it!. I never played any of the old wizardrys. I remember trying Wizardry Gold but didn't like it. However I just loved W8. Great Game!!!
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:03 am
Sonicus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

good question

Will there be a Wiz9? Good question. I would definetaly buy it, whenever it would come out. I hope they do create another Wiz...but untill they do I guess I'll just have to play Divine Divinity.
Sonicus

Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:02 pm
otter
One of Us

Well, if Cosmic Lords exist, couldn't some kind of cosmic anti-lord exist? (complete with hordes of minions and hoards of whatever a Lord might find useful...)
Or, like i said last time this came up, maybe it could be some combination Civilization-RPG; explore, exploit, and when you have to conquer, the fights would be in Combat mode!
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:07 am
Sonicus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey! Well...first of all, I don't believe comsic lords exist, but I am a baptist Christian so yes there is a lord god almighty.
My second point is with good comes evil so there probably will be an anti-lord since there is god and the devil.
My third point is yes I agree that the anti-lord will probably have followers (Dark Savant and his minions). Perhaps if you read the Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis you would find out more on this subject.
My finiakl point is i agree about the combat mode deal. Sonicus
[/b]
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:45 am
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Well if they do come out with Wizardry 9, I'd like to express a few changes:

1-- No more NPCs engaging the enemy in the same field I'm in (I appreciate the help but you folks just prolong the battle).

2-- Larger spell buttons (after havin' played this game for a 100 years now, it gets too tedious and surgical).

3-- An option to select the number of monsters appearing in the game, from very few to infestation. This way you couldn't unbalance the game by bringing 7 team members instead of the usual 6 limit...right? But in any case, it would be nice to control the oppression of the game so you could explore more often (when first playing the game) as oppose to wanting to battle (after you already explored everything).

4-- Another option would be to download music files into the game so I can hear some death metal when the next battle breaks out.

5-- A hot-key that enables me to cast multiple defensive spells at once, such as Enchanted Blade, Missile Shield, Armorplate, etc., rather then doing each spell at a time after waking up from a bad nights sleep.

6-- And last but not least, I really REALLY would like to see my healers learn the Resurrection spell a lot sooner.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:44 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by John373
4-- Another option would be to download music files into the game so I can hear some death metal when the next battle breaks out.
Go into your Wiz8 directory and look for the "data" folder. In there you'll find a "music" folder. In there, you'll find a whole bunch of MP3 files. 5 of them have "combat" in their name. Does this give you an idea or two?
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:26 pm
otter
One of Us

6-- And last but not least, I really REALLY would like to see my healers learn the Resurrection spell a lot sooner,

A lot of items help with this, some are rechargable...
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:51 pm
shrewgirl
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

@Otter
I really like the anti-lords concept; except how would you import if you joined the Dark Savant at the end(remember that option and the universe becomes evil?) It seems like it would make for too many options...Maybe if there is a Wiz 9 and you import your party, all of your characters find out that what happened in the end, regardless of what you chose, you find out it didn't happen for real? Maybe it was like a mirror showing you what could happen(like a warning) and then you end up transported elsewhere, not remembering how you got there 'cause of the awful headache you now have from looking at the "mirror" and getting sucked into an alternative reality??? And about the music...I usually end up playing The Lord of the Rings Sound Track in the background, The Voyage To Mordor part was really appropo during parts of the game...
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:22 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next