Gothic 3 only on PC?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

Gothic 3 only on PC?

Since i might not be able to get a new PC ( my shop is closing and that job payed very well) ill have to go the console way. Fortunatly Oblivion will be on consoles.

IM guessing G3 wont be im i right?
Post Wed May 18, 2005 4:58 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

As far as we know there aren't any plans yet to make a console version. That will probably depend on the sales of Gothic 3 and PB has to want it of course.
Post Wed May 18, 2005 6:40 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Gamebryo is multi-platform. Theoretically speaking they´re prepared for a console conversion.
If it´s done, and whether PB has to do it or it´s outsourced to another studio is a matter of negotiations between PB and JoWooD. The latest trend is that JoWooD wants as many console games as possible because the market is much bigger.
Post Wed May 18, 2005 2:50 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
The latest trend is that JoWooD wants as many console games as possible because the market is much bigger.

They also did it with Aquanox. (and probably more, but this is the only one I know.)
Post Wed May 18, 2005 6:12 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

In an interview they said that they didn't have permission to talk about it(KaiRo).
Post Wed May 18, 2005 8:04 pm
nasos_333
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I have read many times that they are thinking of a console version. Porting to xbox 360 would not be that hard i suppose, and the benefits would be huge, so why not di it ? By the way, what is Jowood position, could they support a console version to be published ?

By the way, using xbox 3 cpu cores and the 48 stage pipeline could only make the game look better, i do not know about the limited ram though, they would have to do some loading tricks to get the game play in only 512 MB combined ram
Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:32 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I think it should stay on PC whats the point when the first two games were on pc and the people that only play consoles will have no idea what Gothic 3 is about and missed out on the first two games and then every one will just buy oblivion for xbox360.

Should stay on PC
Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:47 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

Maybe it would be great if they ported it, consloe games often sell better than pc games, so more cash for PB and the piranhas to make G4 (or something else, whatever) The only possible problem is that the console version will sell so much better than the pc version that they will decide to make te next game for console only
Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:53 am
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I truly hope that consoles dont ruin another good game.
Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:50 am
nasos_333
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by mazu
I truly hope that consoles dont ruin another good game.

I certainly do not see them ruining Oblivion in any way though, and a port of Gothic 3 would only be a good thing for Gothic 3 and the developers that have such a great game, they should really make the most out of it, so the studio could grow more, and the Gothic series become widly known around the world, ,as Elder Scrolls has VERY successfully done

Let aside that now it is much more simple to port, as xbox 360 is really powerfull enough and gothic always had console style controls and interface, so they would just need to fix the memory problems and they would be ready for a console launch in some months

If they could use all three cpu cores too, maybe they could improve many things lik AI and put more people in some places, add some stuff too perhaps ? And xbox has 48 shader pipeline, so they could add some more effects here and there
Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:56 pm
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

From a developer's point i think you can't ignore the console market. The big money is earned on them nowadays und it would be unwise to make a game only running on PC. I don't think that PB have chosen the gamebryo engine just to make only a PC game.
Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:57 pm
Rangehurts
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmm...
Ok, so..

If PB will make G3 for other consoles, will they make more money? If so I think they should do it, and maybe start working on a new project - Gothic IV...
Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:02 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Re: Gothic 3 only on PC?

quote:
Originally posted by wacko3
Since i might not be able to get a new PC ( my shop is closing and that job payed very well) ill have to go the console way. Fortunatly Oblivion will be on consoles.

How much are you going to be spending on the XB360? The packages I have seen are crazy money...

I can EASILY get you a price list of components that you could buy to build yourself a very nice PC to run Gothic 3 for about $700.
Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:21 pm
nasos_333
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: Gothic 3 only on PC?

quote:
Originally posted by Chekote
quote:
Originally posted by wacko3

How much are you going to be spending on the XB360? The packages I have seen are crazy money...

I can EASILY get you a price list of components that you could buy to build yourself a very nice PC to run Gothic 3 for about $700.

450 euro + 70 each game = 520 euro. It is still cheaper
Then again, no hungs/crashes/incompatibilities/patches etc at least not as many as pc. And by the way, a 700$ pc could NEVER run either Oblivion or Gothic 3 anywhere near properly or like xbox 360. My pc price for that is at least 2000 euro, which FAR surpases anything i can spend on xbox

I am considering geting a pc though anyway, i just prefer console versions for the stability, ease and the analog controls, so if Gothic 3 comes for xbox, i will gt it for console rather than pc anyway
Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:59 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Im just scared if Gothic 3 went on console not alot of people would know what it is / buy it then PB and Jowood all go bankrupt or something lol.

Because the first two games werent on the console so people will be missing out on alot of story.

Really, who is gonna waste there money on a xbox360? Im glad i never bought a Xbox really useless boring console im gonna go for a PS3 but i dont know if i do get a console it will be a PS3 but i kinda think im done with console games there just to boring same crap over and over only seem that seems to interest me is good PC games guess im growing out of games and im only 21
Post Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:17 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next