Usergroups
I am overwhelmed - guild question.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

well it's me again. i'm sure you're sick of haering from me but i thought i'd give a few thoughts

on the choice of whether to concentrate on bows or xbows i though i should warn you that the max that you can train xbows to is 60% until you reach chapter 6 (the final chapter). personally i never used ranged weapons much but then again i didn't in G1 either (much more of a melee fighter i am)

yeah i know what cave you mean about the orc, the first orc i came across was the one that bartok pretty much kills for you excpet i didn't have bartok along and let's just say that i wasn't particularly successful (but as i pointed out in a different post i'm pretty feeble at combat)

well once you appentice with one of the traders (in your case bosper) that's the quest finished as you are now allowed into the upper quarter and the others aren't in such a need of an apprentice that they'd try and steal you away. that said i have to admit that i like to try and do every single quest possible so yes i did give constantino all the herbs that he wanted although i didn't actually join him (however i bought the stat herbs all back off him cuz i played chapter 1 to the fullest and as such had loads of excess gold).

what you can do concerning guilds is save the game before joining and when you complete the game with a certain guild, you can then just load the save but instead join a different guild (saving you quite some time that would otherwise be spent at lobart's farm etc).

as for the case with the maps, you can safely beat up the map seller in the harbour without getting fined and just take his maps. personally i would not have bought the city map as after a while i tend to know the layout of the city while the land map is occasionally handy (more so nearer the start before you start remember where things are)

for me pick locks is an essential skill as you will come across many locked chests in G2 (and not just in houses that you want to rob)
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:36 pm
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

heheheheh no worry Punter....your tips are always welcome and been very very helpful...thanks
What I was worried abt are probably u guys might get sick of me throwing simple questions at you

I 'll try what you mentioned and see how it goes. After you guys gave me some ideas....thing goes abit smoother
At the moment....i am aiming for the thieves guild. I have let off Rengaru and Halvor...so basically I am on their good side.

Thanks for the info abt the xbows.
I would assume as I can start training on 2 h ? as the choice was given to me by Wulfgar. At the moment....i am at 1 h 15% and 2 h 15% should I concentrate my future XP on 2 h as I would like to specialize on 2 h.

The explaination I read was if I increase my 1 h level....my 2 h level automatically increase as well???
That part was a bit confusing to me.

English is not my native language so I may have misunderstood certain terms or connotations.

Also...on the way to Onar;s farm....I avoided Sentenza so I didnt pay him the 50 gold toll ticket. Should I pay him ? will there be any consequences?
I think I might not be able to avoid him forever as it seems I may have to travel to this part quite often. Many places to explore and side quests.
Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:30 am
(kc)wolverine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

just pay him the 50 gold and take it back when you're stronger, if u get lehmars ledger first the carpenter doesnt have to pay his debts anymore so i think then it's free on the other hand you can wait unrill your in the thieves guild, casia can it would be strange if u couldnt learn it from one of them dont know huw much it costs tough
Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:47 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

wel, i have an question to, i'm already in ch4 but i still don't know how to give wolf a task.. he asks for it, but can you really give him a task?
Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:46 am
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

Yeah... in chapter 3 the people from bangars farm ran away and only bangar and gaan left there... so bangar ask you for a gurd (wolf) and than if you find bangars old gurds they will agree to come back only if wolf it where... they are near where grom is (near onars farm) whare the 2 trolls that gurd the raipier... if you are not a merc you will need to pay wolf 800 gp for him to work... if you are a marc than you will pay him less (dont remember how much...)
good luck...
Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:32 pm
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

KC..thanks for the great tips
Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:51 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

well to get sentenza's vote you need to give him 50 gold (although as pointed out you can always take it off him after you join)

now you'll have to forgive me as i'm pretty bad at trying to explain things but i'll try and explain how combat skills work. you'll notice that in addition to a % you also have a rank in a combat skill (ie novice, fighter, master etc), if the ranks for both melee skills are the same (ie both 1h and 2h are at fighter rank although not necessarily at the same %) the cost to increase % in one of them will be 1lp=1% with no increae to the other skill. if however one skill is of higher rank that the other (ie 2h=fighter and 1h=novice) to increase % in the higher skill will cost 2lp=1% with the extra 1lp being spent to raise the % of the other skill until it reaches the same rank. to raise the lower skill will however still cost 1lp=1%

hope that made sense

oh and on the topic of finding a job for wolf i should warn you that once you get him a job you will no longer be able to recruit wolf as a crew member in ch5
Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:43 pm
(kc)wolverine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

but when you recruit people you're dex is probably on 100 already or you ar enot going to raise dex anyway so i dont think it is usefull to take him with you..except for the 500xp you get from taking him. but considering you are on a very high level the xp you get from him when you send him to bengars farm would be more helpfull then the xp when you go on board of the ship or so i thonk at least hmmm yeah thats what i think .. i think
Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:27 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

while that may be so with most crew members, wolf is one of only 2 people who can train xbow skill to 100%, the other being girion (although for me, i just like taking as many people from G1 as possible)
Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:05 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Man, there's a lot of good advice here! I only wanted to add that there's no reason why you can't start training in 2H weapons if you want to. There's a great 2H sword you can get in the first chapter (the DragonSlicer), it's just that you probably shouldn't try for it until your Lvl 12 or better. There's also a fairly good one you can get early on, in the Paladins Tomb (near the Inn).

I also wanted to post a link to the FAQ / Walkthrough, so the original poster can see if he's getting all of the quests, (for max XP's).

Here's the link:

http://www.ellusion.no/ellusion/[url]

Good Hunting!
Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:39 am
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Really lots of good advice Thanks very much guys !!!
Everyone been really helpful and fun......things are much much easier for me now.

Paladin's tomb near the Inn ?? Where ?? You mean near the Tavern?
Don't tell me the exact location....pls give me a hint
Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:17 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

i'm not too sure how to give not specific directions but here goes

it's in the woods after the bridge (if you approach the inn from from akil's farm)

well to be honest i can't remember if it's refered to as a tavern or an inn but i'm using inn here cuz you can reserve a room (it's the only one completely by itself in the wilderness)
Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:29 pm
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Hey Punter..Thanks I managed to find it and OUCH some nasties there too LOL.....gonna try takin them out slowly.

I finally got the world map I desperately needed.....I am bad......I stole it BUT I will try to make it up to Brahim later on.
I'm just a good old rogue with a heart of gold
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:51 am
scratch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Lighthouse Bandits

These guys really got to me! I tried sneaking around the back, shooting arrows from the roof of the shed on the right as you face them and getting the monster to do my dirty work for me. Nothing seemed to work. Then I discovered that if you attacked them by shooting arrows at them through the hole in the shed on the left hand side they seem too stupid to run around the shed to attack you. Worked for me...........
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:46 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2