question about shops
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
julien
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

question about shops

I filled up the chests at the weapons guy in Arx, so I assume I can't sell items to him anymore. Is that right?

So then I went down to the rebel city to unload some loot there. I get there and there's a friggin guard just standing in the entrance to that shop. I can get around him because we both are apparently three times fatter than we look. Is there a way to get around people??? I can't enter the shop until he moves. I have this problem in the castle sometimes also.
Post Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:38 pm
julien roby@arkane studio
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well in fact this guard won't move till Redset the shop keeper come back to his shop.
If he really doesn't come back it's a bug.
If it is, send me your savegame to jroby@arkane-studios.com i'll fix this guard for you and it will also allow us to know from where this bug comes from and to fix it for the next patch.
Post Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:46 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Make sure you sell him only the most expensive stuff due to limited room in his chest. God, that one really nailed me, time to start over. Sold him bunch of worthless stuff.

Hey, does pickpocket work? I have skill 45 stealth and a mask for 5 gives 50. It says to "bump" into people to make an icon appear to steal small things, but I can not seem to get it to work.

Pickpocketing does work, right?

My work around for sales to armor Miguel is too see what he will pay for it then CHEAT for the money , then leave the items alone.

One last thing, why can I not kill some NPC that is not plot related when no is around to see the dirty deed? Everyone goes hostile. How would they know? Do I have to play a goody to shoe hero? I want the experience, or please put more monsters in the game. It is too easy. Taking forever to get higher levels.
Post Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:13 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

The trainer no longer works with patched version.

My little cheat for the shop owner used the Trainer +7 for Arx, but it does not work with the new patch version. After reviewing the original cheat trainer code with a hex editor there is a work around to sell infinite amount to shops.

Open a savegame file with Hex Editor and then go down the file where the "state of items" are found. I just use 90 90 etc to zero them out. When the game Arx.exe tries to read the saved game, the item will not be there in the chests anymore. Frees up room to sell him more.

You must be profecient in using a hex editor to do this, I learned from trial and error. The save game file is different in lenght for each save, but look at the ASCII code on the side for the *.sav stuff and mess around...you will get the hang of it. I use HDD Hex Editor. It is freeware and works quite well.

I even edited stats by starting a game, save it. Then start another with one thing changed save it. Then compare the files..they will not be same lenght but tools in the editor allow to modify them.

You can even shut off hunger for some that care not for it. The original hex edit cheat only works for original arx.exe version 1.0, not for the patched 1.14 since it is different lenght. If you look where the original was modified ( the hunger timer variable is says in ASCII) make it 90 90 90 90 90 90. The offset has changed due to lenght change. I am not posting too much about this since patch 1.15 is coming out and have to do it all over again. I will wait till then.

Until then, only sell him stuff that stacks or very expensive armor and weapons...limit to what you can sell him...chest gets full.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 12:29 am