BITTER CUP strange item!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Rob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

BITTER CUP strange item!

ok heres the deal, i was happly exploring after putting the beatdown on the telvanni necromancer and his minions inside Vas and i went to a big island South West of the necromancer's tower in Vas... lo and behold there was a place called "Ald Redynia Tower" guarded by two stupid skelly archers, being the sneaky theif i am i snuck up on them both and caved in their skulls, went inside and looked around , to my right a door , Trapped and 75 lock, No problemo! i'm teh mastah theif, so i immediately hotkeyed my apprentice's probe and apprentice's lockpick and got in, killed a couple wimpy skellys and found a big alter covered in soul gems and a funky gold cup, immediately i think "Hey ! that gold thing would look way cool on my shelf!" so i grab it and it says something... i wont spoil that much for you but it gives you the choice to drink from it now or to take it as carryout, so i loaded it into my pack and decided i'd save it for later, and continued on my looting frenzy of the daedric ruins on and around the island.

i'll let you see what the cup does when you find it
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:24 am
Snoog

You need it for a thieves guild quest, so if you have interest in the thieves guild don't use it.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:48 am

MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Since this is a spoiler forum...

This is the comment at the top of the bittercup script which runs as you pick up the cup:

;this is used on the bittercup artifact to ask you if you want to drink from it or carry it
;the question is asked whenever you activate (pick it up).
;the cup raises your top attribute by the var and lowers your worst by the var
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 6:23 pm
Rob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

need it for a theives quest? well thats just craptastic. i thought i had me a new shelf ornament.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:56 pm
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

Yeah, found it right after Vas, too. It now adorns my splendid strong... oh wait, it's still being built. Crap. But it will!

-Matt
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:47 am