Usergroups
when dungeon siege 2?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

I put a few hours into the demo and totally agree with Val's summary.

Let me just add that there was a lot of non challenging combat, with occasional beasties thrown in that were certainly capable of killing the party off PDQ.

The skill system was a tad odd. I was considering taking up the bow for a single level of ranged combat to get the dodge skill (played a melee dude), but decided to stay in flavor ... at least for the first couple of hours.

@Val - how was the story? I stopped messing around with it after burning the first watch tower around the Dryad town. But I am curious about the scripting after that.
Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:34 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

It's pretty standard fare. Fight the big bad guy that you were duped into serving. Undoubtedly, you'll have to wade through his armies to get to him for several areas with obstacles thrown in your way. For instance, you catch the plague while out fighting monsters and have to go to an Elven shrine to cleanse yourself. It's nothing to write home about from what I've seen.
Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:00 pm
Snow
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Comments on Dungeon Siege

Just wanted to chime in and make some comments on Dungeon Siege/ Dungeon Siege 2 for a bit. There's something about certain games that just draw me in where others fail. I know I'm in the minority but I severely favor Dungeon Siege over Diablo and Gothic over Morrowind. It's something about the graphics and atmosphere of the Dungeon Siege and Gothic series that just make the whole experience so alluring. While the graphics in Morrowind (sure, the water is nice, but...) and Diablo 2 just seemed stale and uninteresting to me. And, if I can't get past the graphics, I can't enjoy a game. It's funny how different people focus in on certain attributes of a particular game. For me, I'm very picky about graphics and atmosphere. No, the graphics don't even have to be that high of resolution, with bunches of polygons and textures, they just have to be interesting and have a certain ambiance about them that makes you really feel like you're really there. I'm looking forward to Dungeon Siege 2. I can already tell from the trailers that it's gonna be great.
Post Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:48 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2