Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Is the full game as difficult as the demo?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
oozle
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Is the full game as difficult as the demo?

The demo is almost impossible! I'm talking about the areas that you get access to secretly.

I'm now treaking up the mountain, where you meet Mike.

Ever wolf takes me about 15 mins to beat!! It has now taken me 5 hrs just to treak up that mountain!

I'm using a sword (Damage 20). Apart from that Axe are there any better weapons?
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:37 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I didn't find it difficult..

Yes, there is a dmg45 sword in one of the towers of the gate near Mike(two towers, and a drawbridge - 1 great sword in both towers)..

Remember that you need lots of strength, and don't go out of the demoground before you have at least 30 strength(hopefully 45 by leveling up 3 times + 5 from the innos statue).
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:50 pm
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

Well, in the full game you can just wait a bit and level up on quests and less dangerous critters, you get better armor, etc... What you are doing now sounds like quite an uphill battle.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:51 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

G2 is more difficult than Gothic, but the balancing is pretty good IMO. I had to be very careful till late chapter 4 and died sometimes till the end.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:49 pm
Spunior
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

G2 definitely features some challenging moments, however, I personally don't think it contains parts which are unfair or too difficult. Maybe you've been running into areas that are still to dangerous for someone who's rather poorly equipped and hardly trained? There are situations in the game that require several attempts to get through them - mostly because you're outnumbered by the enemy. But after you've died once or twice you will start changing your strategy and the next one is more likely to get you through it. There were certain parts where I got killed more than twice or thrice, but I never got frustrated at the game. You simply reload and try it again until it works.

As for wolves, I didn't have much trouble with them in the early parts of the game (unless you fight three of them at once), so you might want to change your battle tactics or just wait until you get your hands on a bow or crossbow which naturally make initiative attacks easier.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:29 pm
svencha
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Does anyone else think the paladin runes are vastly overpowered? I used the heiliger pfeil rune on packs of orcs and wiped them out quite easily.

svencha
Post Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:28 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Perhaps you could ask about this in the Gothic 2: Spoilers forum. Lots of people in this forum can't play the game yet and don't want to be spoiled.

quote:
Originally posted by svencha
Does anyone else think the paladin runes are vastly overpowered? I used the heiliger pfeil rune on packs of orcs and wiped them out quite easily.

svencha
Post Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:51 am
Cloaked Figure
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:

svencha

NOOOOOO!!! YOU SCREWED THE GAME UP FOR ME!!! YOU BASTARD!!!!!

j/k

Well now i know which faction im gonna try 1st !

Your Freindly Neighborhood Lunatic

"Women You can't live with them, And they hate it when you Violate small furry animals with a Jagged Stick."
Post Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:28 am
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Cloaked Figure
quote:

svencha

NOOOOOO!!! YOU SCREWED THE GAME UP FOR ME!!! YOU BASTARD!!!!!

j/k

Well now i know which faction im gonna try 1st !

lol
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:30 am
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

the demo wasn't THAT hard.
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:54 am