Members
Usergroups
The Ritual??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
aLpHa

The Ritual??

I dun have the game yet....but I'm plannin my character right now.....I was just wonderin what "turn undead" means. Does this mean that u can turn into an undead person whenever u want, or u can turn undead if u get killed? If so, what are the benefits of turning undead? Can u regenerate health naturally over time (not sleeping or potions or spells)? if not then what does "heal faster" do? The ritual sounds really cool, but i'm not sure if I should choose it as my birthsign.....any advice welcome!
Post Mon May 20, 2002 5:32 am

aLpHa

someone's gotta know the answer to those questions! I know it may sound newbie-ish.....but thats cuz I dun even have the game yet!
c'mon someone help me out here.......
Post Mon May 20, 2002 7:59 am

I dont have the game yet either
but I know for sure that you can't turn into an undead.
The ritual probably does damage to undead in a certain radius ( probably once per day).
Post Mon May 20, 2002 10:00 am

aLpHa

Hmmm........"Those born under the sign of The Ritual can heal faster and turn undead." .....but then u say u can't turn undead.....confusing isn't it? anyone have more definite info on this?
Post Mon May 20, 2002 1:36 pm

simland
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I am sorry but this is sad. Turn undead refers to the ability to cause UNDEAD creatures to TURN and flee from you. This isn't morrowind specific. This ability ranges all the way across the RPG universe.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 2:43 pm
aLpHa

then what does "heal faster" mean? does it mean that u can sleep less to fully regenerate u'r health? or can u actually regenerate health when u'r walking around?
Post Mon May 20, 2002 2:50 pm

Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I havent got the game yet but I assume it is standard (d&d) terms:

1. Undead flees (weak undead might be banished/killed)
2. More life recovered while resting, so you need less rest.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 3:02 pm
incendiaryLemon

you get a once a day 100 point healing power called mara's gift. you also get two turn undead spells... one touch the other ranged
Post Mon May 20, 2002 3:50 pm

aLpHa

Hmm..not bad....decision made....The Ritual it is.....thx for the info guys!
Post Mon May 20, 2002 4:06 pm

Axe_Gaijin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

"you get a once a day 100 point healing power called mara's gift. you also get two turn undead spells... one touch the other ranged"

So Mara's gift = lay on Hands?

Good to know... from a RPG POV The Ritual would make the ideal sign for Paladin.

Axe
Post Mon May 20, 2002 6:35 pm
Sand

Be warned: there have been reports that the "turning" ability of this sign does not work. I don't know if they are true or not (haven't tried it myself).
Post Mon May 20, 2002 7:46 pm

IncendiaryLemon

the turning works only if you are reasonably skilled in the matching school of magic.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 1:22 am

txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

avoid the ritual like the plague. i have the game and chose this sign. what a mistake. check other posts for more specific info.
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Tue May 21, 2002 5:27 pm

What's the difference between The Apprentice and and The Mage? From the descriptions it seems like both have increased magika but The Apprentice also has a weakness to it. So isn't it obvious that The Mage is better? I'm planning to use The Mage as my birthsign for my new character, any suggestions?
Post Wed May 22, 2002 10:47 am

SergioCQH

Different

The Apprentice gives three times as much mana as The Mage.
Post Thu May 23, 2002 1:13 am