Usergroups
Gothic 2 release dates - discussion
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

No, he said "FOR US". This can also mean "for us". Another proof that shouting leads nowhere.
Post Fri May 30, 2003 10:40 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

Very true Gorath, o well i guess my post was incase he did mean United States and its there if he did.
Post Fri May 30, 2003 11:07 pm
Xardas_The_Necromancer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm just really happy that Jowood decided to release the game in scandinavia! Sweden's not the most updated country in the world... Unfortunately
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:35 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Another proof that shouting leads nowhere.

Unless punctuation is used

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:26 pm
TrUmaNshO
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

do you think they will actualy release a demo before June 13th?
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:09 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

quote:
Originally posted by Xardas_The_Necromancer
I'm just really happy that Jowood decided to release the game in scandinavia! Sweden's not the most updated country in the world... Unfortunately

Same here! I never saw Gothic 1 in stores.
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:27 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

Would you guys be buying the german version or the international?
And is it that you dont have alot of retailing shops that you didnt see the game in stores or that it just was not released in Sweden.?

anyway im happy for you. But if you are buying the British version then you could have is buy June 20th if you order to be shipped over from the UK.
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:44 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

quote:
Originally posted by ziBzi
Would you guys be buying the german version or the international?
And is it that you dont have alot of retailing shops that you didnt see the game in stores or that it just was not released in Sweden.?

anyway im happy for you. But if you are buying the British version then you could have is buy June 20th if you order to be shipped over from the UK.

Erm, why wouldn't Sweden have alot of computer game shops? Of coruse we do! But Gothic 1 was never released in Sweden, I think, some shops might have imported it, but I never saw it.
Post Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:25 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

We had the same problem in Australia. G1 wasn't released here and I had to order it from OS. I've been assured G2 will be released here.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:15 am
Elco
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I will not be buying gothic 2. was realy looking forward to it, but it is not acceptable to for a company to release a game in foreign morkets a year after it was originaly release.

Games DO have shelf lives. I feel if i support this kind of behavior it will encorage companies to continue doing it.

so **** you jowood. never buying another one of your games.

PB needs to disolve and form a company that is partnered with a real publishing company.
Post Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:48 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

Well that's your loss.

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:40 pm
feeding the rats
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

We all lose. The release of Gothic 2 has been badly blundered and is driving away people who would have bought the game. As more sales are lost the chances of getting Gothic 3 diminish. I was going to order from the U.K., but have decided to pick it up from the closeout bin. I agree with Elco. F you jowood and atari.
Post Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:21 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by feeding the rats
We all lose. The release of Gothic 2 has been badly blundered and is driving away people who would have bought the game. As more sales are lost the chances of getting Gothic 3 diminish. I was going to order from the U.K., but have decided to pick it up from the closeout bin. I agree with Elco. F you jowood and atari.

Aww cmon you guys. You are treating this like its some woman who ripped your heart out ... or a dear friend who betrayed you.

YES, it is upsetting that Jowood dropped the ball on the release but does that change the fact that you may have a blast of a time playing Gothic 2? There is a serioiusly high probability that by the end of the month, you will be playing the game on your computer. If you really want to play the game as bad as I do, then that is all that should matter at this point.

The late release is not a personal attack against you. The management who made the decisions responsible for this don't know you at all.
Post Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:16 pm
feeding the rats
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I don't feel betrayed or like my heart's been ripped out. Would I like to have been playing Gothic 2 months ago? Of course. I just refuse to reward morons (jowood/atari) by paying full price for Gothic 2. If the game was being given away I wouldn't have a problem with the delays. Another thing that isn't right is sitting on a game we all know is finished. I'm not mad at jowood/atari; it's just a game after all. As a potential customer I expect more from jowood/atari and will vote with my money.[/quote]
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:31 am
Lostnumber
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Why should your disposition towards Jowood affect your gaming experience. Thats like someone telling you to screw off and then punching yourself in the face just to show them. Its obvious that anyone who comes here to complain about Gothic 2 is indeed a Gothic fan, one who most likely would indeed enjoy playing Gothic 2 as soon as they are done reading this. Honestly we know nothing about why Gothic 2 was delayed, I can tell you that the folks at Jowood are not idiots though; and I am sure that there was a good reason for the delay. So if it is the wait that upsets you then how will prolonging the wait solve anything. Being bitter about the delay is understandable, but don't let it get the better of you. Really, since when do people buy games to help out or harm the developers or distributios, why is that important? I play games to have fun, not to prove a point.

P.S. Elkston NC does kicks arse, been to Calabash once for a little deep sea fishing loved it there. Thinking of moving there after I make a name for myself rather scared of the hurricanes though, they bother you much?
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:12 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next