View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Bosper Bow chest help!

Greetings.

Bosper is the hunter dude, right? I was searching for that bow for long time. I searched here on forum also.
So, the answer lies under the city. I managed to get into these catacombs. And if you go straight and a bit left from the entrance there is small room and a locked chest. Is the bow in there?

Actually my question is where is the key to this chest? As, I play as a warrior and I don't have (and don't plan to have) lockpick skill.

Is lockpick skill absolutely necessary in this game? I understand that warriors do not have any force locks ability.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:56 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

First G2 is little different form others RPG You played before. There is no typical 100% D@D warrior/mage/thief/ separation. So here every guild/class can learn how to pick locks. There are 4 kinds of chests in G2. First - opened. Second - locked but can be normally opened by lockpicking - no key exists for those. Third - can be only opened with certain key - picking locks cannot be done. Fourth - found such two as paladin that were simply closed for me - no key, no lockpicking.
If you are in the sewers and was given key by Attila explore it little bit more and You will find thieves - one of them can teach You how to pick locks. If not try Thorben in Khorinis.

Last edited by bora on Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:10 pm
radek
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Bosper Bow chest help!

I thing that experience of logpicking is very good. Previously I played Gothic I and I often have a lack of money, for buying of some better weapons, bows and so on. Now I am playing Gothic II and as a warrior too. At this time I have learned the experience of logpicking from mister Thorben in upper town and I can look to a few chests. As I am constantly in situation of lack of many I have no moral problem with it. All subjects that I steal will serve a good and positive aim.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:39 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

And somehow I feel that most of what we steal was stolen long before
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:42 pm
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thank you for your reply.
So, I understand that this particular chest has that bow and it belongs to a category of chests, that don't have a key and can be opened by lockpicking only. So, to be able to open it I am forced to study lockpick.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:45 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

No problem.
The answer is yes. But as radek stated above its very usefull IMHO just as pickpocketing is too.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:49 pm
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

You do have to study lockpicks just like you will have to learn pickpocketing if you want to complete the blood chalice quest as well as verious other quests that require you to learn certain skills, ei: bring the merc the skin of a black troll. The game is created in such a way (unlike gothic 1) that one character is unable to do everything and have everything and be the best in everything. You have to choose which type of character you want to be. I kinda like it that way, eventhough I'm a merc and since I want to complete the blood chalice quest I'm forced to learn pickpocketing. But at least pickpocketing gets you xp and gold.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:52 pm
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thank's for the tip. I'll study it. Even if I don't like the idea of warrior, almost paladin using lockpicking and pickpocketing.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:53 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Most of the Nobel@Rich are like that because they use lockpicking and pickpocketing - in real world too.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:56 pm
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I haven't played Gothic 1.
But, I understand that there are two paths in G2.
Paladin - is a path of being good. Do paladins have any magical abilities, like bless, heal, detect/smite evil?
Merc - path of being tricky or evil
I don't understand about mages. Can you be paladin-mage or merc-mage, or mages belong to some sort of third faction/path?

And you may join thief guild regardless of being paladin, merc or mage.
Am I right ?
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:02 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

There are 3 paths
1) city guard -> paladin
2) mercenary -> dragon slayer
3) mage -> high mage(last name I`m not 100% sure)
Paladins have some magic runes for use. Mercs cannot use magic.
Answer to question of beeing good or evil lies in this game not in the guild/class You choose but in your actions only.

Sorry forgot to add. You can join thieves regardless of what guild You chose.

Last edited by bora on Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:08 pm
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The paths are as defined as that. You can start with the old camp (pritty much the same as the new camp (the new camp has very similar armor to the mercs in G2). then join up with the old camp, in fact you have to, or start as a mage of fire and then you are also forced to join up with the new camp and then become a mage of water. Last there is the sect camp and they have more magic and fighting skill but there is no limit on the magic skills or rune use for any side you choose. I had a warrior in full armor and a 2 handed sword using 6th circle magic. It was kinda strange, no defined classes just uber characters all over.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:10 pm
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hmm, interesting. If I understand you correctly, each path has a set of abilities, that become available and set of quests you can complete. This restrics characters from being overpowered and increases game replay value.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:10 pm
CaMeL_UK
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i also have a problem with bosper bow

am in thieves guild and have talked to the guy and he has told me to go to this place where there am a load a rats, i think thats at the beginning of the cave to the left cuz the port cullias has now opened, i have killed the rats and opened the chest inside but there is no bow its empty, any1 have any thoughts on this or am i lookin in the wrong place, its a small door gate thats opened and 2 rats cum out and in there is a chest is this the chest?

CaMeL
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:26 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Mercs and Paladins are not so very different. But only mage can learn how to create runes. Paladin is given smaller amount of premade runes and Merc may use only scrolls. All the other abilities can be learned by every clas so You can have Great Merc Fighter who is Master of Alchemy in the same time. After joining guid however costs of learning stats like strenght, dexterity and mana will change. Merc and Paladin wiil have mana for 2 learning points for every 1 stats point, while mage the same with strenght and dexterity. But its only for learning. Potions of pemanent increase will do normally to every guild/class. Quests are indeed different - at least some of them.
To CaMel_UK: entering from docks turn left. dark place there contains bow
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:48 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next