View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
spyglass
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Temple of Akbaa room 28 Help Needed

Hi,
I have two questions regarding the Temple of Akbaa.

Room 26b has a pressure plate and a switch on the floor. What does the switch operate?

Room 28, with the 113 combo and wall switch, has a cut-out for a door and the map shows a room behind it. Does that area open?

thanks
Post Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:47 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

red lever...in 26b...secret rm 28

just finished there today...I saw but never pulled the red lever...but when I re-do I'll try it...when I killed the demon in the meteor chamber I didn't save ...trying to better the outcome since I used so many health potions and trashed my sword...golem in secret room...if you put in the wrong numbers you fight him...do it later and collect another heart...good luck
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:51 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

Re: Temple of Akbaa room 28 Help Needed

Room 28: I think I know where you are. With this one, if you do not set the combination when you flip the switch that door wil open up and a let out a golem to fight.

oh. For the room 26B one, I think you have to put a heart in the one golem and have him follow you until he stands on that pressure plate. maybe?

I think those are the answers.
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:59 am
Dybbuk
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re: Temple of Akbaa room 28 Help Needed

quote:
Originally posted by TribalMan

oh. For the room 26B one, I think you have to put a heart in the one golem and have him follow you until he stands on that pressure plate. maybe?

His question wasnt about the pressure plate, it was about the switch next to it, Im curious aswell about this switch, never found out what it did, other then hurt if you switched it.

Or did you switch it after the golem stands on the pressure plate to deactive the security system?...dont remember, but thats possible.
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:59 am
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

I PULLED RED LEVER IN 26b

Yes DYBBUK is right ...pull that red lever and character crys out and looses health points...no cut-scene...and couldn't find any other effect...I'd already put the golem on the pressure plate though...maybe the result is different if you didn't do that yet...?

Also tried to kill the other 2 of 3 standing golems...after completing meteor chamber(went back)...couldn't get a response from them...or steal their hearts...

WHO'S had luck killing the LICH...in room 35???I NEED a strategy...there's
good stuff in that chest...
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:33 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I think that lever is just meant to be a little trap... ie: Oh, I poulled the levers in the other rooms to open the gate, I'll pull this one too... OUCH! nope, wasn't supposed to do that...
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:25 pm
Heldwin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes, I have killed the Lich in the Room 35, but actually I don't really know how I did it myself .... ROFL

I have found nothing on the Lich body then I wanted to kill her again to see if an item would drop off her ... but I COULDN'T KILL HER AGAIN ... ROFL

When I have killed her, I just fired 3 fireballs, and used my sword 2 or 3 times on her and the zombie minion (swinged the 2 same time), an pop both died same time. I am not sure if I killed only the zombie and that killed her too ... or maybe the zombie has hit the Lich and she has died with the very strong poison the zombie uses.

Anyway, I have tried to fire her 3 fireballs again, used my sword 10+ times on her, but nothing, she was still alive ...
Post Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:28 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

When you kill a Lich, the zombies which it spawns die with it.

Sometimes it seems fireballs do more damage then others. I killed a Liche with 2 fireballs once, yet I usually waste 3 and then hit them for quite a bit (until later in the game of course). I noticed that when I do more damage it's usually when I hit the head, but I might just be imagining things
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:01 am
Achromatic Luminary
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

For the Lich, I used Negate Magic and the Bejeweled sword w/ plate armor, plate leggings and the magic plate helm (ring of regeneration went down 25 points due to some bad moves). Every time the Lich tried to cast a spell, I closed to cancel the spell. Ignored the zombie, just attacked the Lich. Just keep the Lich between you and the zombie. As for the pressure plate, just put the heart on it. It'll activate the pressure plate and then you can pick up the heart and sell it later. I had 3 hearts after I finished the temple.
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:14 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

The negate magic never seemed to work for me... Maybe the lich needs to be close? I never got how it worked and the Lich kep casting stuff on me but for the most part I couldnt' cast anything on it...

I used a clever trick to avoid being annoyed by the ghouls: when it casts the spell and you notice the rift, if you walk right into the rift, the incantaion fails.

What's good about doing this is more then just cancelling the spell, it means that the Lich will waste time trying to spawn another one (which you'll also try to cancel). Meanwhiel it has less chances of casting other spells which will probably hurt you more.
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:48 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

great tip about the golem heart on the pressure plate

ACHROMATIC LUMINARY ~ that is a great tip...wish I'd thought of that...so you sold the heart...ever enchant any weapons with it??? If so...is the paralize ability lasting or one shot?

THE TAROT
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:40 am
Achromatic Luminary
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks

I haven't enchanted anything yet. I tend to use the sword/shield combo. I just put them in my chest in the castle. I have enough cash for now, so I didn't see any need to sell them. I'm thinking about using them on a 2 handed sword to see if it's any good though.
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:28 pm
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

enchantment

remember to cast enchant item on it after you "use" the heart on the sword to make the enchantment "stick"
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 1:02 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Achromatic Luminary, great finding! I wasted that heard on a golem and after that my thiefy character was not able to get one even at the end of game (not enuf damage to get through the defence of a golem - once I was hacking him for 45 minutes!!! and still nothing).
Now if someone was successful in enhancing a weapon with the heart..
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:14 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Lich

I usually stay between the sarcaphagous and the wall, so that there is only one narrow way to come to me. Lich is usually strafing on some distance in front of me, blocking the summoned zombie away. Therefore I just need to deal with one lich and don't need to pay attention to maneuvering. Just shoot fireballs at her or if she comes close, hack her with a good sword. Don't forget to wear both Zohark and Krahoz to defent yourself from the magik attacks of the lich.
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:27 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next