FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Random quests?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread

Random quests?

Are there random quests in MW as there were in Daggerfall?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:13 pm

Kane
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

As far as I know, there are no 'random' quests. But rather, all quests and everything else for that matter, is hand crafted, which means to say that a developer specifically CREATED a specific quest, including all the props and interacting NPC's.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 9:22 pm
Somnus
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

/agree

Aye, according to the developer Q&A's there is *no* randomly generated content in the game.

Somnus
Post Wed May 08, 2002 9:42 pm
Interzone
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No random content? Sometimes I *SWEAR* that chests have different stuff in them at different times: get in chest > take stuff > get caught > reload game > try again > different stuff in chest. Granted, it't not like a random town or quest... but I'm pretty positive I've seen different stuff in the same chest after a reload.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 10:44 pm
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by Interzone
No random content? Sometimes I *SWEAR* that chests have different stuff in them at different times: get in chest > take stuff > get caught > reload game > try again > different stuff in chest. Granted, it't not like a random town or quest... but I'm pretty positive I've seen different stuff in the same chest after a reload.

Yes I noticed this too..try snooping a person too, close snoop window and resnoop you will see different items (Although I think this may just be that with lower sneak you dont see all the objects every time or something)
Post Wed May 08, 2002 10:46 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Shifter
quote:
Originally posted by Interzone

Yes I noticed this too..try snooping a person too, close snoop window and resnoop you will see different items (Although I think this may just be that with lower sneak you dont see all the objects every time or something)

Yeah, when you snoop someone, it doesn't always show all the contents of their pockets... generally only one or two items. If you do it over and over, eventually you'll see everything they've got, and if you kill them, it'll verify what you've seen.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 5:54 am

Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

There are at least some "level related random items" in chests, yes. At least you can make these in the editor. But quests are a different story.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 5:59 am