Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

And a partridge in a pear tree.

Post Sun Jan 20, 2002 1:34 pm
Alexey
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

In Gothic 2 I would like to see:
1. Quest with investigation (how our hero get into the prison, somebody have be punished for this (killing will be good desicion).
2. min 5 levels for each 1 and 2 handed weapon.
3. available shields and weapon in each hand stile, bracelets.
4. Inventory with character model and visual indication of armor, weapon, shield, rings, bracelets.
5. Possibility do not join any camp, gang or fraction.
6. In Gothic my character was mighty warrior (2 level 1 and 2 handed weapon, 120 strength) and 6 level mage. I would like to have same possibility in Gothic 2.

Post Mon Jan 21, 2002 4:31 pm

I would like to see more detailed and cooler objects. the weapons were pretty detailed. But the objects were unimpressive.

I would also like to keep playing. Even after the game is over. I wanted more.
Post Mon Jan 21, 2002 7:13 pm

Akhilles
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Configurable interface, remap keys/mouse buttons like Quake and Unreal have been doing for YEARS now.

Interacting with other characters requires a MOUSE, not just the keyboard.
Post Mon Jan 21, 2002 7:38 pm

Why not online with other players? set up a certin amount that can join a world/game and go from their... each person can interact and climb in ranks and work on a team or even kill each other! and when one of the chars die a new one can enter... when you disconnect it auto saves and when you reconnect it brings you back where you were in the same world/game that you started in... once gomez or whoever is dead that person takes that role of him or leads that camp... lets say 20 ppl to a game or something with alot of other side quests... just a thought for more interaction
Post Mon Jan 21, 2002 7:51 pm

Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well i would like to have more hours to play
Post Mon Jan 21, 2002 8:17 pm
Dweller
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Plot for Gothic 2:
"The barrier has been broken, but your adventure has only just begun" (Those of you who have played through Gothic know what im talkin' about).

Well, so now you are in the outside world again, but the kings war against the orcs is still rageing. Perhaps you could eventually be able to join the kings army?
At least, the king would want to meet you at the start of Gothic 2, since you are the man who singlehanded broke the barrier.

I have grown very atached to my character. I have spent alot of time selecting just what I want use my skill for, and gathered an ridicoulus amount of ore and coins (what were the coins for anyway? couldn't find any use for them). My point is that I would like to use MY OWN character in Gothic 2. Perhaps by copying the character file from my Gothic folder or something. That way it would be the same character that we used in Gothic 1.

It might be impossible, seeing as "newbies" should be able to go straight to Gothic 2 without playing through the prequal. But never the less, it would be awesome.

Gothic is to short!!!!!!!!!!!
This is by far the biggest flaw in the game (even though it has many bugs). It only took me about 20 hours to finish (I don't mean to see everything, and be in every guild, but to play through it the first time).
Gothic 2 should be much more complex and the world should be bigger (but not to big, I liked the feeling of beeing at "home" in the camps after + 10 hours of play).

Seeing as you now find yourself in the outside world, you should be able to travel with merchants (maybe as their protector) or travel by horse/boat to get to other towns/villages/whatever.

Just more of everything,
more sword/bow/crossbow tecniques
more missions ofcourse. By the way, I just thought of a good one. You meet up with Lee to help him clear his name, and perhaps you could serve with him in the war afterwords (he was a captain or general you know).

And so it goes on, you meet other people you knew from the colony, and you are constantly given hints to previous actions in the first game.

I love beeing recognised and praised for my heroic actions by the npc's. I want more of that. Maby an reputation meter, with a status on how you are looked upon in the different towns/villages, and the npc's act acording to your reputation.

I have many more ideas for a sequal, but I will not write any more here, Im getting tired ;D
I would like to thank the few of you who actually bothered reading all this (if there are any)
Post Mon Jan 21, 2002 9:22 pm

longer, and LAN support, that would make the game even better. I like your idea of "now that the barrier has been broken" theme. when you kill someone people attack you. more skills, different techniques, and respawning of monsters(like now, i need a horn of a shadowbeast but i killed them all) little clicks(groups) in each town. maybe if you rob someone you get put in prison for a day or something. the use of a horse, and instead of just getting a house that nobody lives in, you can buy one(for a lot of money of coarse) and jobs like being a merchant, a blacksmith, a thief, a mercenary, stuff like that. People come to you to knock off people. And when you beat the game, it doesnt have the same ending. You should have a different major goal for each camp you join and based on what quests you do.
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 6:02 am

oh and the main charactor has to have a name, he just has to!
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 6:03 am

soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

about multiplayer:

I don't know, if adding (typical) multiplayer to Gothic would be good thing - it would have to be MMPORPG to be fun, with at least persisten VERY BIG world and other usual mmporpg stuff. I suppose there is simply no time (and no money) left for it. Let devs focus on single player aspect of Gothic 2 (including ideas from this thread ) and make sequel even better.

But after Gothic 2, it would be fantastic to have Gothic MMPORPG.

about horses:

would be nice , currently I use (transform into) bloodfly as a horse. It's even better than a horse.

[ This Message was edited by: soltys on 2002-01-22 13:35 ]
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 7:33 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehehe let the Piranha-Bytes do theyr work on Gothic 2
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 7:44 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

I would love for it to be multi-player. Not so much MMOPRG, but more like Battle.net...
Where YOU can make the room, YOU can set the limit of people in it, YOU have the ability to kick/accept players in your room.
Max of maybe 4-5 people. Why so small?
If any of you ever played Vampire:The Masquerade (GREAT GAME), after you finished it, you were able to go online and host RPG sessions with either pre-selected mod-maps or your own. And the sessions were for true Role-Players who were going to play as a team and finish a certain quest together, all under the eye of the GM.
This would keep the Gothic single players interested cause you wouldnt be entered into a world filled with 1000 d00dz looking for pHa+ l3//+ (phat loot, hehe I love d00dspeak) and trying to go from level 2-87 in 1 hr by using a hack or a cheat, and would stop him from trying to 1-shot you with Xbow of War, then finish you with Innos Rage at level 3 (d00d has 100 str, Mana, Dex). And if THATS what they want, they can create their own room (l33t fIgHt3rZ, or whatever). There should be SOME kind of multi-play in Gothic 2, there are some people on this board I know I'd have a blast playing Gothic with! *hopes on the sequel*
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 9:11 pm
Prometheus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

There are some really great ideas here, but how is PB going to find out how we feel?
Do they come here also?

Post Sat Jan 26, 2002 5:02 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

They sometimes do.
Post Sat Jan 26, 2002 5:41 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

PB asked for feedback from the community a long time ago. I wouldn´t be surprised if the person responsible for filtering out the ideas for the sequel still had nightmares.

http://forum.gomp.net/showthread.php?s=a7266b0be02beb7576478d065c147edb&threadid=1832

http://forum.gamesweb.com/forums/showthread.php?s=1405924a7f2d593e234df4fcd67017f1&threadid=70776

Post Sat Jan 26, 2002 6:31 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next