ability maximum?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
happysky9396
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

ability maximum?

whats the maximun of the PC's abilities in G2?some say its 150?

and, is it a bad idea to use permanent effect potions before even reaching the maximum?because what i think is you only get about 350pts (normally) throughout the entire game, 1-h,2-h cost you 150 pts, bow and crossbow cost you 150pts too( 1 master, other 1 fighter)that leaves you only 50 pts!!and yet you also need to spend those pts on alchemy and thief skills!!!
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:02 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Maximum abilities:

Weapons: 100%(105 for 1H if you read the book of 1H after reaching 100, and 107 for 2H if you read the book + gain 2 from Sergio after praying for his comrades as a novice). Gaining more than 100% will do you no good.

Strength, dexterity and mana: There is no maximum, the highest you can gain from teachers is 100 for strength and dexterity, but 200 for mana. After that, you can use as many potions as you want.

Whether or not it is a good idea to drink the potions before you reach 100 or not is up to you. I advice that you use'em early.. in the end you'll be more than strong enough anyway.
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:20 pm
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Ability Maximum for Mana is 250, for all other skills 100 learnable from teachers.

With the potions I would wait until the maximum is reached, but that is only my opinion. Also, remember that a teach will only see your modified skill (e.g. modified through certain items), which will enable you to learn strenght to an even higher level than usually possible. Just take a Ring of the Orcish Warlord.

Attainable Mana is, if the game is played carefully, maxed out a number over 600, Strenght, can be raised to a level of around 250 and Dexterity to about 200-250. This includes boni from the potions and items equipped and what you can get by praying at the shrines.
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:38 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

quote:
Originally posted by Der_Schnitter_t
Ability Maximum for Mana is 250, for all other skills 100 learnable from teachers.

who can teach you that?
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:55 pm
Virk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yea, but theres no point in saving them potions for later on in game. 100 is the most str you will need to veild any weapon, and any pts past that is a waste(you wont do more dmg with 500 str then with 100). And max dex you need is 95 for the best bow.

So blow them potions as you find em, then train the few xtras you need to use the items of your choice.
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:38 pm
Predator
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

No, Virk.

You do more damage with 100+ str. There is a critical strike and formula is : weapons damage + strenght
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:02 pm
Skeezix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm playing the exp pack now,

My strength is 90, and I can buy weapons who need 150 of strength to be handled. I can't find a teacher who can teach me to become stronger (100) like I read. But why can I buy weapons how need 150 of strength, and can't I learn to become so strong?

I there a teacher in the add-on world who can?
Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:49 pm
Borntoeat
Village Leader
Village Leader

in expansion there's guy named erol who teaches up to 200 strength ..it'll cost lots of LP's though. if you take bennet with you to chapter 6 he teaches too up to 200 strength ..and diego teaches dex up to 200.
pyrokar teaches up to 250 mana when parlan cannot do that anymore, he sends you to pyrokar. don't know if there's any changes in expansion..
Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:09 pm