OK, THIS is incredibly annoying
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
harekrishna
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OK, THIS is incredibly annoying

I'm right near the end of the game - need my 5 Akbaa's meteors. I got the one off the priest in the Ylside bunker, one from Iserbius' room, one from the Lich's chest in the Akbaa temple, and one from I don't know where, but it was either in the hall or the Keeper's room. The chest in the Keeper's room is empty so I'm expecting that's the one I got earlier.

This means there's still one in Akbaa's temple for me to get, right? Probably the one in the hall. I've just been back there, searched everywhere and can't find it. Most of the bodies of the priests I killed earlier have disappeared - is one of the meteors found on one of their bodies? If so, I don't think I can finish the game. Why have the bodies disappeared? Is there anything I can do?

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:08 pm
harekrishna
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I take it I'll have to download the patch (doing it now)... will this mean I have to go back to where I first entered the temple though? that was aaaages ago
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:23 pm
harekrishna
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

downloaded the patch now, but still no meteor (although at least I could do the Lord Inut quest now). Do I have to email that geezer Julien Roby for a file? does that mean I'll have to restart from anywhere, or have to play from someone else's save game, or does it just give me the missing meteor?
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:03 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Fear not. Yes, just email Jroby@arkane-studios.com He will send you a file with the stone that will just insert it into your current game. I think you may have waited to long to install the patch, but whatever, it is a simple fix and no need for you to start over.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:43 pm
harekrishna
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

cool, am just waiting for a reply now. just realising this means I'll have finished the game soon, dammit - ah well, am reinstalling Morrowind, going to have a proper crack at it this time (last time I got about halfway through before thinking 'forget it, this game is just toooo big!')
Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:58 am
thrash3002
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well you can always restart arx with a different kind of character.. if you've been using a mage, change to a brute fighter or thief
Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:10 pm
harekrishna
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

still waiting for matey boy to send me that file... anyone got any idea if there's anywhere I can download it? Or could someone else send it to me perhaps if they've got it?
Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:37 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I know it sometimes takes him a few days to answer. I would email him again just to be sure he got the request. Emails can get missed and dumped. I don't know of place to download it, but wish there were. Wouldn't be a bad idea to have here now that game has been out for a while. If someone has a save game at that spot, you could maybe use that, but I don't have any, sorry.
Anyway email him again.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:51 pm