can't get the dragonheart
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
FlyBy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

can't get the dragonheart

When i killed the firedragon in chapter 4 it's body is in the entrance of it's "lair". His head is not visible because the body goes "through" the rocks.
Now here comes my problem. I tried to get the items from the body but i can't. The name of the dragon won't appear in my screen so i can't check his body. I do need his heart for the eye of innos off course.
Is this a bug and if so does anybody know a way how to revive the dragon or how to get his heart in an other way.

please help me out here!!!
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:14 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Happened to me too, with a lesser mob luckily - namely killed once a troll and it fell so (at the pyramids in new world), that one of the columns was through his chest. Looked like a nice impaled troll, however I was totally unable to loot it. I just could not target it, in any way.

Now, I didn't really need to loot the troll, but the dragon is something else. You can try to either save the game there and then quit and reload the game, and see if the body moved. Or, go to castle and sleep until morning and then come back to check again. Sometimes these things do move corpses around a bit and you may be able to loot the dead dragon.

If still no cigar, then only way to do it is to cheat the heart, 2 blood vials and 12 dragon scales into the game through the Marvin console. Codes are, I think, itat_dragonheart, itat_dragonblood and itat_dragonscale or some such, need to verify. But I hope that you can get the thing to work without the need to use the console.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:24 pm
FlyBy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the response.
Since i only play the game for about a week or two, can you please tell me where i can find the cheats, or do i have to edit a folder or something.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:43 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Well, since you're new to the game yet, I am somewhat hesitant to tell the codes and such, as 'editing' game like that can ruin the fun

Try out these other means first, i.e. save the game in some new, separate savegame slot and quit the game, then restart. Or, go to the castle or any place with a bed and sleep until morning and check again. If these things still wont work and you insist, then yeah, I will tell the codes and so on.

Of course, you can also do the search on the forums and get all the info you need, but really, try to do it first as suggested above. If that works, all the better and the fun remains. If not, then post again and you will get the help.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:17 pm
FlyBy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

My problem just went bigger

Ok, now i am really scr.wed.
When i could not loot the firedragon i just went to kill the orcs around the castle. That took me a long time. Meanwhile the damn dragonbody disapeared.
Also when i rest untill the next morning the body is gone.
So i must ask, how can i open the marvinconsole and how can i get the things i need.
I don't want to finish the game by cheating, but i DO want to finish it.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:43 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Hm.. Dragon body should stay, but I know what you mean, the fire dragon body has dissapeared on me too, while other 3 remained..

OK. While in game, press 'C' to open the char stats sheet (or whatever button you have assigned to it).Then type in, while looking at that screen, the word "marvin" (no quotes, no pressing the Enter later, just plain "marvin") and then press 'C' again to close the char stats screen. If done right, you should see in upper left corner of the screen the message "Marvin mode".

Now, press F2 to open the console and type in the following lines:

insert itat_firedragonheart (press Enter) - there's yer missing heart;
insert itat_dragonscale (press Enter) - there's the scale, use Insert key to repeat the line 11 more times (12 scales per dragon);
insert itat_dragonblood (press Enter) - twice, as done above, 2 blood vials per dragon;

And that's it. When typing in the codes, watch what you type, the commands usually autocomplete, i.e. you press only the letter 'i' and the console already inserts the command 'insert'.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:54 pm
FlyBy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks

Thanks, i'll try it and hope it works.
If not......you'll hear from me again.
But for now thanks so far.
CU
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:53 pm
Mr.White
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The dragonbody isn't gone from the game...I learned to take dragon scales and dragon blood after I'd killed all but the stone and ice dragon, and somewhere on the way up to the stone dragon I found the body of the red dragon just lying there(with scales and blood). I can't be very specific about exactly where it was though, so good luck with the editing.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:21 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

it can be also under the ground in the endless place cos onze a Stone Golem hit me so hard that i was under the grass and there comes the endless path:P
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:17 am