Joining Thieve's Guild
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Manrico
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Joining Thieve's Guild

I just got the quest to get Bosper's bow. I know it's in the sewer off the thieve's guild, but can I still get into the Thieve's guild? I've already joined the militia. If it's too late, that's life, but if i can still get in - how?

M
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:18 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Can't see why not. Remove your armor and see what happens in the harbour pub.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:37 am
Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

When I joined thief's guild I was already in militia. You can be a paladin
and you still will have chance to be a thief.

Ex elf... and if you don't belive, go ask Feanor

By the way... Boo!!!! Scared? No?
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:12 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

but if you want to enter the sewers, you must get a key for the door (in the sea)... where can i find that key?
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:32 am
Hard_Worker
Village Leader
Village Leader

kill attile and you get the key
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:26 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

well that's one way i suppose but personally i just did the 3 quests to join the guild (if for no other reason than for xp )

while the 3 quests have been well discussed on the forum here's an overview:

the 3 quests are not labelled as quests for joining the thief guild but rather suggest it by their content. this involves acting in a way that the guild would look favourably upon rather than just doing a traditional quest but i digress... here's the 3 quests to keep an eye out for:

"a brazen thief" - when talking to jora (a merchant in the square) you find out that he's been robbed by rengaru so being the nice guy that you are (you are aren't you?). confront rengaru (he's usually near the merchants or drinking some free beer) and he'll run away. get the gold off him but let him go (hmm maybe you're not such a good guy afterall). i couple of other things to not about this. if you've alraedy got the mission from lord andre to expose the guild, jora will tell you to go to the tavern in the harbour. also if you give back the gold first and then ask for alrik's sword he'll give you it for free (as opposed to costing you 50 gold)

"the false messenger" - after following jora's advice go talk to kardif about a job and he'll direct you to nagur (he's sitting in the corner) who in turn will give you a quest to rip off baltram (another poor merchant at the square). go to baltram who'll send you to be errand boy. go to the akil's farm (kill off the mercs if you haven't already) and get the package. give the package to nagur and return next day for your reward

"bandit raids" - get this one from harad (another luckless merchant from the merchant) and then go to pablo (one of the patrolling city guards) for some more details. find the cave and kill off the bandits. search the cave and you'll find a suspicious fish which you can open to find a note from their fence in town. return to town (after getting your reward from harad of course) and go to the fishmonger and offer to cut a deal with him.

after doing these 3 quests go back to kardif and talk to him. this time he'll tell you that someone was looking for you. go meet atilla and get the sewer key.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:44 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

ok thnx... but were is atilla?
and it's not harad, harad is the blacksmith.
i think his name was hakar or something.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:26 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

oops sorry my mistake (i'm sure you found the right merchant though). as for the location of atilla, i don't think he appears until after you talk to kardif after which he waits for you behind the fishmonger
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:41 pm
Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

YOU DON'T NEED TO KILL ATILA!!! Just fight with Lemar and take his book.
Then go to people whose names are written there. Speak to one of them and give the book. Then by it from him. After that go to another
fellow and do the same. But be careful you must go to Hanga (the owner
of Hotel) in the end because you can’t buy this book from her. As a
reward she will give you a key from the door which lead's you to thief’s
guild! .

Ex elf... and if you don't belive, go ask Feanor

By the way... Boo!!!! Scared? No?
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:13 pm
Manrico
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I haven't been able to find the Thieve's Guild or the door to the sewer. Nagur and Kardif haven't anything more to tell me. But I do have the key, if I could only find the door.

Help appreciated.

M
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:29 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

sorry sasa but while you are correct in regard to not having to kill atilla, i believe that that you have mixed up 2 different keys as the key given to you for lehmar's ledger is used for the thief guild hidden treasure rather than just to gain access to the sewers.

as for the location of the sewer door (and therefore to the guild which hides there) is as follows:

enter the harbour via the barracks side. instead of going left towards the rest of the harbour, walk off to the right and into the water and you should be able to see a door (as i mentioned in a previous post i'm terrible at directions and that includes giving them but hopefully you'll find the door from these)
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:36 pm
Manrico
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes, I found out that they key gotten from the ledger book didn't open the sewer gate. Since I'd already done in the bandits and no longer had the fish I had to Marvin my way into the sewer. I hope God forgives me.

M
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:40 pm
blackd0t
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I've finished these:

1) I got 50 coins from Rengaru but didn't say anything about him to the Militia.
2) I've passed the mission with the package from Akila (I gave it to Nagur).
3) I killed the three badasses in the cave and found the note in the fish. Gave the note to Halvor and then bought all 4 special fish from him.

Know Kardiff is supposed to tell me that someone was looking for me but nothing happens... When I'm talking to Nagur he only says sth like this: "I won't say anything to my superiors.".

I really want to be the thief know, as it is the second time I'm passing this game. PLEASE HELP! Even if it involves Marving .
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:00 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

well if you've tried to eat the fish at any stage you should have the note (although you might not have noticed it in your inventory). try having a look through your inventory for notes and see if you have any conversation options with the fishmonger about a note (on you could always insert the fish with marvin mode).

if on the other hand the game has no problem with you joining the guild without talking to atilla there's no reason to bother (although hopefully you can still sell stolen silverware to the fishmonger after joining, if you decide to)
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:01 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

well i found that you actually have to manually talk to kardif after doing the 3 quests rather than the usual automatic conversation when you walk close enough.

i don't know if this makes a difference but did you also wait a day after giving the package to nagur? as this is how long is takes for him to sell the stuff and give you a cut (i'm guessing but the quest may not be fully complete until this happens)
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:07 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next