How do you cook food?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
you
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How do you cook food?

I seem to be unable to cook my food - this is on the pc version with the latest patch (1.?7).

What I try is this:

a) I double click on raw fish (or rat ribs)
b) I move the icon over the fire until it changes from circle to a filled in circle
c) I click
d) I sit on the fire to make sure it really is a fire.
--
a->b->c doesn't do anything
d) hurts.

Any suggestions? I've made all these apple dough things I want to turn into pies
Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:22 pm
Mad Mike
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OK this is from memory so may be inaccurate but from what I can recall:

You don't use (double click) the food with the fire, you just place the food near the fire (drag the food onto the fire with your mouse). You will hear a crackling noise if you do it right.

Also I am not sure that every fire can be used to cook. If all else fails try a different fireplace.
Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:43 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Welcome to the Boards you. What you have to do you is. Sorry, I couldn't resist. What you do is just put the food in the fire and then when the food is cooked it changes appearance and you just pick it back up. I believe it is just right mouse click and hold it down until the object is where you want it, then release the mouse button. The manual and walkthrough are not real clear on some of this stuff. Have fun, it is a great game. And if you are just getting started, don't forget to read you log, as directions for doing new things will be printed in it automaticly for you.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:43 pm
ziusudra
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

you can open the quest log with the F4 key. Then you can click the lower upturned corners of the book to turn the page.

Sometimes when you puts food on the fire it will appear to disappear, it hasn't though, it's just under the texture for the fire. To find it again you just moves the mouse pointer around the area and it will change when it's over the food. If you has the option for auto info text on, the game will also display text at the top of the screen telling you what's there.
Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:03 pm