Author Thread
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus
ummm u got really restrict parents man never seen that restrict onez

damn right he does, and its strict not restrist

and if you dont want them to see it with an external player, just have that player mysteriously dissappear from your computer

oh and kairo im not sure if you answered this yet but if an english patch is released, when would that be approximately?
Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:22 am
NidPuterGuy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

To Gothic devs

I really enjoyed the first part of Gothic where you were in the New Camp up to where you conquered Xardases golems. After that the interaction with other characters really dropped and I didn't enjoy it as much. The graphics were great! The lakes are superb and swimming in rivers over cliffs is incredible! Anyways I haven't play Gothic 2 yet as I'm waiting for the US version but I wanted to let you know that I value storyline and character interaction over any other aspect of play. A game that could keep the intensity of the interaction that the first part of Gothic had all the way through would be a masterpiece! Here's hoping for G2 or the next one..
Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:59 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

thank u Shmaugus i was too sleepy yestoday

and NidPuterGuy u find a good storyline again in G2 at least i liked it and all others in here hehe
Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:59 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Regarding Gothic 3:

Can we customize how our main char looks? I understand that you want to tell his story, so it will be the 'same' char, but at least give us the ability to customize how he looks I personally would prefer somewhat different hair color (darker), no ponytail, beard, maybe different eye color..

Different attack animations with different weapons: axe cannot be used like a sword, staff cannot be used like a sword, big hammer is used otherwise.

More weapon types: 2-handed staves, 2-handed hammers and maces as well.

Different arror/bolt types: blunt damage delivering bolts, ice/lightning/fire arrows/bolts.

Shields - to be able to block with a shield (automatic skill, the higher skill, the higher chance), ability to use the shield for bashing to knock enemy back and stun for a bit. Also, when wielding 2-handed weapons, I still can use arms too. Say, I swing with 2-handed sword few times and then, when enemy least expects, I can also land a punch in it's face with my platemailed gauntlet Also the ability to slam the enemy with my hand, when wielding 2-handed weapons.

Maybe also a necromancer class? Also, spells of Fire Mages should be different then the spells of Water Mages, and the spells of (possible) necromancers. So that the classes are different, each has it's strong sides and weak sides. Fire mages are strong in fire and lightning related spells, water mages in, say, ice and wind-type of spells, necromancers best summoners and good debuffs/life or energy sapping/draining spells and so on..

Of course, a lot and different armor at reasonable times. For example, in Gothic 2 the minecrawler plate armor is pretty useless. By the time we can get it, there's better ones on the way already. It should have been in the game much sooner, especially considering that it's stats are so much more lesser then they were in Gothic 1 (mostly). Right now it's totally obsolete in Gothic 2 at the point when we finally can get it.

Sorry if I repeated some suggestions, but heck, this is a mega thread and too hard to read through all pages and try to remember, what was already said
Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:52 pm
Archaven
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I would like to see dual-wielding in Gothic3. I think that will be very cool.
Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:09 pm
x_Noble_Paladin_x
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I really liked that flavorfull graveyard little jokes like that make this game great.
I was angry when nobody would lead me to the monstary, that made it so weaker or not as good players couldn't be a monk.
more siede quests is all I need!!!

I wil tri my bestest too spel
www.mallmonkeys.com is funny
so is www.squidi.net
Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:50 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:
Originally posted by x_Noble_Paladin_x
I really liked that flavorfull graveyard little jokes like that make this game great.
I was angry when nobody would lead me to the monstary, that made it so weaker or not as good players couldn't be a monk.
more siede quests is all I need!!!

who did ever say, that life as firemage would be easy..
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:45 am
ajax
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Will we ever see development tools release to the community for user mods?
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:07 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Particle effects on weapons. Don't have to be big and crazy, but some such. Occasional lightning sparks running up and down the sword blade. Runes on weapons, which "light up" when in combat. Special effects on weapons, i.e. some weapon has some percentage of a chance to zap the target with a lightning bolt upon hit

And definately dual wield.
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:36 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

More Weapons more sidequests more items and Rice Schnapps
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:49 pm
eugeneK
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Piranha budget

Hello. I have 2 questions.

1) Since the sales of gothic2 were not so successful and you have less budget for the future games, will that affect the quality of gothic3, and how?

2) I see that most people in the forums don't discuss the feature that makes gothic2 the best rpg ever, which is realism. That would be - the realistic terrain, the wildlife, the social diversity of npcs in the world, but especially Khorinos, and all the small quests there. Is realism your FIRST priority in the next gothic isntallments?
Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:54 am
Scribbles
Unsent
Unsent

Will Gothic2 be realeased where i live before i die???

J/K. i just got back from vacation and was wondering where to look for some good progress updates. have i come to the right place?

Broken in Exile
Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:52 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

hi scribbles, long time no see. well, gothic 2 should be out in october, totally bugfree. The german gothic 2 add-on is out next week I think, no news on an english one yet.
Post Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:33 am
a24710
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

the only improvable thing in gothic series are the combats

have you ever imagined how gothic will be with such nice combats as severance or blade the edge of darkness had????

i think it just will be the best

pd: if you havenīt played severance you have lost a good chance of having a really good time, the combats are really good if you donīt play it as you were playing an arcade game
Post Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:43 pm
puppet
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

a24710 ... I totally agree with your statement. Die by the Swords' combat was well done as well. ( .... man, I wish InterPlay would do a sequel ... fun game.)

--------------------------
Great game quotes ....
"Hows' your duty?" ---- nameless Hero
"If its' a stabbin' ya want ...." ------ Eric
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:42 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next