Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Easter eggs and drug exposures...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

Anyone but me noticed that KSO is written in the stars? And that the cliffs around new camp has AI written in them?

Also... alot of people in the game are smoking... weed...

And the weed seller wanted to buy herbs and plants (mushrooms) from me...

Though they explain it away, couldn't they have found another commodity for the swamp camp? I for one don't like it.
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 12:56 am

Shewter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Then....dont play it
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 1:39 am
Marble
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i find it highly amusing myself.
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 1:40 am

Shewter:

Don't play it? So I should ignore it?

Let me ask you this: If someone high on drugs shot one of your family, would you just ignore it, or try to do something about it?
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 11:13 am

I for one like the way they made the camps different. For once it's not the standard "these are the good guys and these are the bad guys" which is totally unrealistic anyway.

Each camp has it own morals and beliefs and still very different. The idea of a convict society was indeed a great way to create an interesting fantasyworld.

And lastly, the people within the barrier are after all convicts and there are almost no women. In this context I really don't see any moral problems with smoking weed or at least they would be extremely unimportant. With a world with (probably) over 50% murderers and worse who would care about drug abuse?
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 1:26 pm

No one would ever shot somebody just for fun, _just because_ he has smoked some weed.
Drug (ab)users arent all murders....even if most people in america think that.

just don't be that conservativ. Its not crack or heroin, just (some kind of) weed.
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 1:45 pm

Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

On 2001-11-26 05:13, Anonymous wrote:
Shewter:

Let me ask you this: If someone high on drugs shot one of your family, would you just ignore it, or try to do something about it?

Is this a threat? Just because you think your morals are better than everyone elses, you think you have the right to change the game? You don’t like the game…don’t play it and your holier than thou opinions to yourself. I for one do not want to hear that crap…shit you sound just like those feakn’ right to lifers.

Sylvio
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 2:01 pm
Zan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

This is a game and not real life.Learn to distinguish between the two.The convicts are trying to make the best out of what they have.If you did have or saw someone shot from someone on bad drugs,then I am sorry for you.Maybe you should move and not play this game.Just because someone smokes MJ does not make them a murderer.Give your head a shake.There are many different types of drugs,some bad some good.Educate yourself on the difference between the two.Don't stereotype them all together as evil.
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 2:35 pm
Shewter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dude...wtf are you talking about?..all I'm saying is..if the game offends you or you dont like it..take it back,get your money and go buy the sims or something....geeesh
its just a friggin game.
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 11:20 pm

Uh, I can see cocaine or heroin, but weed is relatively harmless. If anything it makes people more passive. I don't really thing people would toke up and then go shoot someone (unless they had previously planned to do so.)
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 10:24 pm

of course it makes you more passive.. look at all the sect members.. they're so stoned!
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 10:26 pm

Sveinung
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Gothic is a very realistic game and the prisoners have their own day-routines and therefore it's realistic that some of the prisoners smoke.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 12:17 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Big fat mothers are not wanted!

I just wanted to say that
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 2:01 am
Jamison
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

.h

Last edited by Jamison on Sat May 04, 2002 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 2:24 am

I think it's funny that we all (as a society) think pot is evil but normal smoking is fine. In Gothic the swampweeds could just as easily be tobaco instead of pot.

They mention seeing 'visions' in the game...whens the last time someone saw visions on pot? So really, smampweed in the game doesn't really reflect anything. It's an imaginary world. You're not going to get addicted to swamp weed. Just like you aren't going to start hacking people with a broadsword just because you're playing Gothic.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 6:05 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next