Tell about your character!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
GhanBuriGhan
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Tell about your character!

I thought it would be nice to hear about everybodys Morrowind character. Why do you like him? Why did you choose his race, class, bithsign? what's his way of living in Morrowind or his background?

My Character is Refan Arcturus, a Nord Ranger. I designed him especially because charting and discovering the landscape is one of the things i like most about Morrowind, so I wanted an "Outdoors" character. He likes to scout out the wild places off the roads, hunting and collecting ingredients as he goes. Kind of a Tinkers life. He is a combat oriented (Spear, Marksman, Longblade) character with some restoration magic and Alchemy to help him along (Yes, I guess he IS kind of modelled after Aragorn ). Besides the adventuring, he makes a living from his potions. Since I uploaded the packguar mod, I lug a lot of ingredients around and a complete alchemy set, and Make potions and sell them in the towns I visit. At level 11 I haven't encountered any unbalance yet, probably because of using only medium armor (I love orcish armor) and not having found any powerful constant effect items yet. I like the tactical options the combination of Marksman, Melee Alchemy and a little magic give me in the fights, it makes things much more interesting. He is currently doing quests for the Fighters guild in Ald'Rhun, House Redoran, and for the blades, of course.

He has low personality and speechcraft, so I am mostly playing him as the "lonely wolf", but if need be, he uses some Telvanni Bug Musk to score with the ladies. He always goes for a swim to wash it off afterwards, though

You can read his biography here (sorry about the spelling and grammar errors, I am trying to get them corrected):
http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/chalice/up/refanarcturus.shtml
Post Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:53 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

My char is named Jaz ... an Imperial fighter-type with sticky fingers.
Why Imperial?
I would have taken a Khajiit if there had been ohmes available as phenotypes. But there aren't , so I went Imperial because I like Romans and their snazzy style.
Why a sword-wielding fighter type?
Because I felt like it when creating her. I used to play artillery = battlemages in Daggerfall, but I just didn't feel like going arcane this time around.
Why sticky fingers?
Because my chars rarely keep their fingers where they belong. I guess it's just my inborn curiosity, so my characters will steal everything they can get away with...
Post Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:01 pm
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

My current char is a Nord who hates vampires and Daedra. She has many people skills and if someone bad mouthes her she'll kill them 5 times before they hit the ground.She is currently working for redoran, because she needs a stronghold, fighters guild, because they tell me to go and waiste everyone, blades , ovious it's the main quest. She steals and won't help anyone if she can't get something in return.

I have found some really good items like a 2 hand sword that does more damage than Umbra (not saying where tho this isn't the spoiler forum)
Post Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:23 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

My caracter is XeroX a wood elf thief/ marksman.
That steels anything that is not bolted down to the floor.
He likes hitting people and making them mad, also likes to sneak and shoot arrows or trow dart/trowing star at them just for fun

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:48 pm
Fritobandito
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

my character is Ra'Gash, a Khajiit assassin/thief type born under the sign of The Warrior (I figured that 10pts to attack would be nice, since i can easily up the stats the other signs give me every time I level up). Ra'Gash is level 23, a master theif who likes to steal right under the owners noses. He's plundered treasurys, looted manors, and left many a smuggler's hideout empty. A high ranking Morag Tong assassin, Ra'Gash is responsible for some very important executions.
Post Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:12 pm
soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

My character (named Soltys ) is a thief, with some magic schools to help him on the way (illusion, conjuration). alchemy and enchanting. Favorite attributes: intelligence and agility. Trained in light armor, with other main skills like security, sneak, marksman and alchemy. With minor: speechcraft. mercantile, conjuration, illusion and enchant.
He has just arrived to Morrowind and has been experimentig with different skills and techniques to become ultimate thief. Of course he joined thieves guild and will probably join Hlaalu house. But imperials are still in doubt. Still a lot of books to read on that subject.

Btw:
This is my thief 1.1 I exchanged short blades, block and acrobatics for enchant, illusion and conjuration. And "lost" three days of playing. Moreover I feel, that hand-to-hand would be better (or more funny) choice than enchant (and I know that well developed enchant can be quite useful later).
Post Thu Jul 04, 2002 12:50 am
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

My old character was called Rohan (yeah, I ripped off a 'certain novel', so what), and he was a big bad Dark Elf Battlemage. He completed the main quest and then pursued his hatred for everything that wasn't a Dark Elf by killing half the population of Morrowind. Delicious. Hey, I promised to do it. Really.

My current one is called Rowan (never was much good with names), and he's a wood elf Hunter, a custom class that boils down to a thief/mage. Deadly blade and speechcraft skills mean I can kill anything I can talk to, and almost everything I can't, just by taunting and slashing. He also has a personal vendetta against the Empire, so he refuses to join the Blades and he taunts every Imperial Legion officer he sees into combat, where they will surely lose, and then takes off their pants. Muahahahaha!

He's a member of the Mages' Guild, the Fighters' Guild (just for the free arrows, hammers, and potions - I know who's at the top), the Thieves' Guild, the Morag Tong (Master, no less), and Great House Hlaalu. When he makes it to the top of house Hlaalu he'll make the Empire bow to his evil, indomitable will.

Of course he's clad in all stolen gear, of which the prize piece is the Cuirass of the Savior's Hide. If you know what I'm talking about, then you know i'm damn near invincible.

Born under the lady for the massive stat boosts.

Bahaha!

-Matt
Post Thu Jul 04, 2002 1:08 am
The Hurricane
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

My character's name is Aits, a High Elven Mage that has a love for alchemy and enchanting .....and of course, taking things that are foolishly left...unguarded. He is skilled in the use of blunt weapons...because... I wanted a character that not only could hold his own in close combat, but could manipulate the environment with the arcane arts to mess with peoples' minds before finally taking them out. So its only fitting I made knowledgable in every school of magic. For this task I choose him to be a High Elf, because I wanted a built in challenge, (they have a bad weakness to magicka) and bore him under the sign of the mage. The land of Morrowind was, at first, a harsh place for my mage, but as he was able to control others and develop his skills more keenly.. he became a force to be reckoned with...Currently treasure hunting on the isle of Morrowind...finding any prized weapons and armor to fulfill his lusts, my character will soon be looking to lay he smackdown on Dagoth Ur, choose th Great House of his interest, and thoroughly explore the isle of Morrowind. Current home ---> Balmora Council Club (made a nice little place to store my treasure after taking out that Commana Tong trash) Current Enemies -----> those dumb Nords at Dagon Fel. Dagoth Ur. House Redoran fools. Cammona Tong chumps.
Level 18
Warlock - Mage's guild
Operative - Blades
Footpad - Thieves
White Thrall - Morag Tong
Clanfriend - Ashlanders

Major's - Bunt Weapon, Enchant, Unarmored, Mysticism, Destruction.
Minor's - Restoration, Illusion, Alteration, Conjuration, Alchemy.

"Stand back...there's a hurricane coming through..."

Last edited by The Hurricane on Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:23 am
Fritobandito
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

ha. fireteddy has a funny quote.
Post Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:44 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

O.k, here's what my recent character want to say about himself:

"Ahem...(clearing his throat) Hi everyone. i don't used to pleasantries, so just let get to the points. my name is Herodotus, a Redguard. there's no need to ask about my background, because i don't remember anything when i wake up on the ship that brought me to Morrowind. as always as someone new, i'm bewildered during first day at Morrowind. it's a beautiful place, but strangely i also feel hidden threats. i immediately reported to census office & registered as Herodotus - it's just some name that came to my mind, and following my instinct i decided to become a adventurer."

"Although there's specific order that i should deliver a packages to someone at Balmora, i still haven't done it yet. i put it on shelf in my house at Caldera and goes out for exploring Morrowind to find out what is in store for me here. i have done jobs as errant worker and messenger for numerous locals. But that kind of jobs bored me quickly and make me feel i'm a idiots. So i quit and try to earn money from hunting, fishing (killing is better word i think), or diving for pearl. But it's strange that almost all the animals are really hostile and they constant harassement finally drove me to became a tombs/ruins raider and thief. Anyway, it turn up to be very profitable than anything i did before, especially when i gang up with that interesting guys called Creeper at Caldera. Later i went back to joint local Great House and guilds, beside freelancing from time to time including exploring and probing everything in wilderness, even underwater if that matter. Then after considerable efforts, i gained wealth, fame, power as below:"

a) Skills = mostly using warrior skills: Block, Long Blade, Heavy armor; but still powerfull & capable in various magical skills (total 80 spells known to me, including self-make spells)

b)Sign = The Atronach, adsorbing mana through magical attacks from enemies. also use certain armor/items to resist and reflecting remaining spells damages.

c)Currently level 62.

d)Reputation in the world of Morrowind = 51.

e)Titles/accomplisments = master thief of Thieves Guild; Patriach of Dunmer Temple; Grandmaster of Great House Hlaalu; Knight of the Imperial Dragon of Imperial Legion; Arch-mage of Mage Guild; and Invoker of Imperial Cult.

f)Favorite weapons/armors/items = Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw; Goldbrand (sword); Flying pants (self-make constant levitation pants)

g)Special interest - collecting rare books; recently in possession include: Nchunak's Fire & Faiths, Kagrenac's Planbook, Kagrenac's Journal, Galur Rithari's Papers, Tamrielic Lore (yep,i stole it!), Tal Marog Ker's Researches, Divine Metaphysics, The Egg of Time, Hanging Garden's.

"That's it. i haven't got much time & promised to gang up with Creeper & his Orcs friend at Earthly Delight at Suran for some strong beer & stuff; now excuse me."

Post Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:00 am
non-euclid
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Maeglin (pat yourself on the back if you know where I got the name) is returning to his ancestral home , but is having a hard time locating any of his relatives. Maeglin is an unapologetic bigot, as everyone else in this world seems to be, and will treat his fellow Dunmer with preference. As a result of his background, he may be sympathetic to the cause of the indigenous people of the island (his incarceration in an Imperial prison did not do much warm his viewpoint).
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 5:19 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

I have 2. Fenixs Verdai. Dark Elven Silent Blade, and then Hadrakx, a Argonian Silent Blade....

Fenixs secretly PINES to become a vampire as soon as I can find one that will actually do more than die without me touching him....

My Argonian has unarmored skill, its awesome, he actually LOSES armor class when i put on MOST armor (there are a few than I can still use safely), so mostly I run around in a robe.... and some cheap clothes i found.

Don't you feel better now?
Post Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:56 pm
es3addict
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i have a bunch of characters in cluding a lvl 1 mage thats already pimping a glass axe and full daedric or ebony(mostly daedric)

but my favorite is my dark elf thief/assassin which is born under the shadow sign and is a custom made class called shadow. He wears mostly glass armor but is still looking for some nice boots pauldrons shield and helm. He is lvl 11 and is a Captin in the thieves guild he mostly just is working on the blades quest which i just started after i go to lvl 10 and is currently working on figuring out if Divayth Fyr is gonna kick my ass if i unlock his chest in front of him for the saviors hide or whatever. After that im off to the Urshilaku Burial Grounds so i can have an excuse to go to the first Sixth house to pick up the kick ass gauntlets there well he is serving me well has a horrible reputation but get comlimented whereever he goes because of his amazing robe
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:40 pm
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Orex

My character's name is Orex. He is born under Thr Ritual constellation.

Orex is a level 57 Nord, specialized in Combat. Orex has attained maximum proficiency in Long Blade, Medium Armor, and Acrobatics. He will soon arrive at maximum proficiency in Atheltics (99) and Block (91).

Recently he has discovered that his magic has become very powerful, and so he has begun to train it even further to surpass the greatest Necromancer in Tamriel. His Destruction magic is 82 at and his Restoration magic is also at 82. He hopes to bring up his Alteration magic, which is currently at Level 49, to equal that of his Major and Minor magic skills Restoration and Destruction. Another misc skill magic on a slow rise is Mysticism. Mysticism is currently at level 54.

Orex can surpass any obstacle put in his path. He can climb up mountains easily thanks to his Atheltic and Acrobatic abilities; he can take down almost any creature thanks to his Daedric Dai Katana; and he can get the cheapest prices and work out his money matters with rather ease because of his Mercantile (69). He does not need an Armorer for he is his own Armoror, skilled at level 55. If his weapon is lost, his hand can do sufficienct amounts of damage because of his Hand-to-Hand skill, currently at level 55. Even in the rare cases where he loses his armor (mostly Bonemold and Dragonscale), or if he wishes to even up the fight by removing his armor, he has a tough physical body...Unarmored level at 58.

His Sneak (72) skill allows him to sneak up in enemy or prey and strike a critical blow, which will ensure his victory. He can also create potions and such with his skill in Alchemy (42).

His major weaknesses come about when he puts forth the use of the Markman (6), Spear (15), Conjuration (11), Shortblade (21) and Illusion (7) skills. All useless to Orex.

As of now, Orex is exploring Tamriel and looking for Vampires to eliminate. His constant battles with Vampires have become more and more dangerous. He thinks he has found a way to cure the disease, but is not absolutly sure. If ever infected, he should be able to cure himself...
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:19 pm
Scrivener
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I have kind of a weakness for researching the character generation and building powerful characters. It seemed clear that lots of skills and powers could be replaced by spells, so it made more sense to choose a school of magic rather than just one skill. So I made a classic female Breton mage, sign of the Apprentice, with every school of magic. I also gave her long blade, block and heavy armor for later when her strength improved. That meant that I was only levelling up as my magic skills improved (scared of ninja monkeys). My acrobatics and athletics gave good stat bonusses without affecting my level. This character could kill quite high level NPCs early on by levitating out of their reach and fireballing the **** out of them. Unfortunately by level 15 or so she was a supercharacter and now isn't so much fun to play.

I roleplayed her as a Dark Elf sympathizer, Mage Guild, Telvanni, Morag Tong. However she has a soft heart for oppressed slaves.

Name is Ilian as she is a Breton (get it?)

Now I'm playing Arcanum and having a blast! It's Fallout 3!! I'm playing a mad dwarven bomber and he's super tough but the combat is so difficult I'm still having fun.
Post Fri Jul 12, 2002 5:38 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next