Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Where are two handed weapons (swords) sold?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

The rusty two hander is in a chest not far from Stone(the armorer in OC)

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:52 pm
Xelis
High Emperor
High Emperor

AIMED @ VELNIUS::All those points are arguable, but I see no point to it.
Lets be friends, bro!

Post Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:00 am
[= D3m0n C0mm4nd0 =]
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Velnias
Hardly a problem. You can made absurd amounts of money by level 5 or 6, whenever it is that they allow you into Gomez's castle. In the storage room next to Gomez' personal room, all you need are a couple of lockpicks and you're on your way to becoming a very rich man.

Ummm... you're very wrong there, Gomez's stuff has jacksh*t in it to get, you only get crappy coins and stuff like that, and if you want good cash you need to SELL two-handed swords! So to buy them you pretty much need to sell some first.
Post Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:28 am
Velnias
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by [= D3m0n C0mm4nd0 =]

Ummm... you're very wrong there, Gomez's stuff has jacksh*t in it to get, you only get crappy coins and stuff like that

Heh, you missed quite a bit, then. There's three floors of chests past the initial two locked doors. In those chests are various animal skins worth a decent amount of cash, a plethora of misc items, and I believe some Shadowbeast horns, which are worth a lot (I think that's where I got the 5 Shadowbeast horns from).

At any rate, after selling the gaggle of stuff I retrieved from those 3 floors of chests, I've never had to scrape for money to buy whatever I wanted.
Post Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:56 pm
[= D3m0n C0mm4nd0 =]
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Heh, you missed quite a bit, then. There's three floors of chests past the initial two locked doors. In those chests are various animal skins worth a decent amount of cash, a plethora of misc items, and I believe some Shadowbeast horns, which are worth a lot (I think that's where I got the 5 Shadowbeast horns from).

At any rate, after selling the gaggle of stuff I retrieved from those 3 floors of chests, I've never had to scrape for money to buy whatever I wanted.

...I've missed quite a bit?! Well, I clocked the game 2 times and both times I was fine with getting a two-hander, also, about the shadowbeast horns and animal skins...why don't you just go and kill the animals yourself if you want loads of money?! I can't believe you can't even get a two-hander, that you have to resort to a forum.
Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 8:14 am
Velnias
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by [= D3m0n C0mm4nd0 =]

I can't believe you can't even get a two-hander, that you have to resort to a forum.

You're right. I lack your l33tness. I didn't know there was a rusty two hander in a chest by Stone. I suck.
Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:40 pm
[= D3m0n C0mm4nd0 =]
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
You're right. I lack your l33tness. I didn't know there was a rusty two hander in a chest by Stone. I suck.

If you say so...
Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:59 pm
Silver_Acid
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OK, this is my opinion on all of this, I do not think this is in any way bad being able to use skill points on two-handed weapons at the beginning. In fact, I think it is a good thing, because although your character may be weaker at the beginning because of lack of one-handed skill, in the second half of the game you will have an obvious advantage, because you are competent in the use of a two-handed weapon, easily the most powerful weapon in the game.
A second point I wish to make is that depending on how you want to play the game, money is no object at all. If you would like, you could beat up or kill every single living thing in the game (as I did with one of my characters) and especially shopkeepers who's wares you can take. By the time I was on Chapter 5, I could beat a shopkeeper, and it would take about 20 min just to take all of the ore on their bodies. (Note, if you do not kill the shopkeepers, they will regenerate wares)
Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:10 pm
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

I just beat up the shopkeepers and when the next chapter came I beat em up again....too bad those infernal guards in old camp like to shoot you when you try and beat up Fisk or Dexter......
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 1:52 am
Xelis
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah...
Fisk and Dexter don't have muh anyway, except Ore for that matter...
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:21 am
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

quote:
You don't need to have lockpicking mastered. In fact, there's no need to master it at all. Lockpicks aren't that expensive. If you want to nitpick the meaning of "a few" then go ahead, but I don't be participating in arguing semantics.

You don't really need lockpicking at all. 'DarkGuardII' posted a guide for most locks in Gothic some time back. With a guide you really only need one lockpick the entire game. Higher skill in lockpicking doesn;t mean you can open chests which require keys.
quote:
Killing the MC Queen is only required to become a guard. You already have access to the castle before that as a Shadow (level 5 or 6, I forget which is required).

Yes, you can enter the castle long before you become a guard/mercenary/templar etc. A shadow has no problems, while rogues and novices can be messengers.
quote:
Lastly, combat in Gothic is obviously more dependant on your equipment by far, as opposed to character skills.

Not really. It's also dependant on the associated skill. For melee weapons, it's strength. If your weapon does 90 damage and your strength is 90, then the weapon constitutes only half the total damage. Of course, training increases your percentage of perfect hits.
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:32 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2