Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
500AMD, 384 RAM & Geforce 2 MX400!!!! What are my odds?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

500AMD, 384 RAM & Geforce 2 MX400!!!! What are my odds?

of it running ok?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 8:23 pm
Breakapart
Village Leader
Village Leader

Full detail -slim to none
Med Detail -much better
Low Detail -bet it runs fine

If you require the best eye candy then that system needs to be replaced. But if you are fine playing a great game with low detail settings it should run fine.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 8:29 pm
h3aso4

System Specs:
1GHz AMD
256MB RAM
GeForce 2 MX400
WinXP Pro
Defragged source drive, all other programs off, disabled non-essential network services (as recommended by: http://www.overclockersclub.com/windowsxpservices.shtml )

Running Morrowind at 1024x768 with shadows off, AI distance at 25%, view distance at about 40%, sound quality to low. Oddly enough, at the lowest resolution (600x800?) the game is a slide-show, but bumping it up to 1024x768 it is smooth (remember having read something on www.tomshardware.com to explain the phenomenon for quake 3 way back, but can't rember what it was). Game only slows down when arriving via silt-strider to a new area that has significantly different graphics but then after a few sec, is smooth again. Dunno how to get my framerate values, but I'd guess it is around 30fps? Other than turning down the view distance to ~40% and the shadows off (and the sound to low), i've had to make no significant compromises and find the game to be consistently gorgeous and look forward to being able to turn the gfx all the way up one day soon
Post Wed May 08, 2002 9:01 pm

I got the same exact stats but i got a voodoo 5 (worse then geforce and not even supported by the game) and i can run it ok, you just gotta run it at MINIMAL settings
Post Thu May 09, 2002 12:33 am