What to do once finished.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Cheeseman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

What to do once finished.

I have finished gothic 2 three times witout the addon and once with it. I would like to gather all the interesting things to do in the game here. Excludeing standing on the end of the ram in the vom and hacking orcs because everyone loves to do that. If you have any interesting quests, items, runes, weapons ect. that you don't think anyone elce knows about please write here.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:57 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I think anybody already knows almost anything. There's a lot, but there's also a lot discussed by now.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:16 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Here's a secret in Khorinis that I didn't find until I played the Add-on. I had finished the original game 3 times previously and missed it.

There is a small strip of land on the opposite side of the river bank where you find the broken merchant's cart and also meet the "Tramp" in Chapter 3. This is the area that is directly below the bridge you cross that leads further up into the mountains.

Anyway, you cannot reach this area by swimming to it because the incline of
the land is too steep. You have to actually go up into the mountains, cross the bridge above, and climb down to this area. I forgot exactly what goodies you find there but I definitely remembered a Stone Tablet, and some high level potions and scrolls.

IN fact, since I never found this area in the normal G2, I cannot be sure there was actually stuff over there in the original game.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:13 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Try playing as an archer and i mean with a bow, not xbow, train strength only to 30 or 40 and one-handed to only 30. I think mercs are the best for this.
Im doing this in the addon right now and hell, its challenging!! I bet i wont finish the game, but ill try anyway. I wonder how im going to fight Raven with a bow.
Post Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:03 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by elkston
Here's a secret in Khorinis that I didn't find until I played the Add-on. I had finished the original game 3 times previously and missed it.

There is a small strip of land on the opposite side of the river bank where you find the broken merchant's cart and also meet the "Tramp" in Chapter 3. This is the area that is directly below the bridge you cross that leads further up into the mountains.

Anyway, you cannot reach this area by swimming to it because the incline of
the land is too steep. You have to actually go up into the mountains, cross the bridge above, and climb down to this area. I forgot exactly what goodies you find there but I definitely remembered a Stone Tablet, and some high level potions and scrolls.

IN fact, since I never found this area in the normal G2, I cannot be sure there was actually stuff over there in the original game.

You can get there by swimming, but you'll need to swim around the corner, eventually you will find a place you can get back on the dry. Now you can carefully walk over a small ledge and reach that piece of land. But in the original there are only some loafs of bread (near a corps) and some mushrooms.
Post Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:28 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: What to do once finished.

quote:
Originally posted by Cheeseman
I have finished gothic 2 three times witout the addon and once with it. I would like to gather all the interesting things to do in the game here. Excludeing standing on the end of the ram in the vom and hacking orcs because everyone loves to do that. If you have any interesting quests, items, runes, weapons ect. that you don't think anyone elce knows about please write here.

Activate god mode, insert 100 Army of Darkness scrolls and kill the Orc army near the castle. A good stress test for your PC.
Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:16 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Activate god mode, insert 100 Army of Darkness scrolls and kill the Orc army near the castle. A good stress test for your PC.

That will surely lower your framerate. (understatement )
Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:33 am
Cheeseman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

Jesus msan it would be the apoclypse.

Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:10 pm
Cheeseman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sorry i kind of screwed up that quote thing.
Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:13 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

quote:
Originally posted by Cheeseman
Sorry i kind of screwed up that quote thing.

You could have just edited that post
Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:03 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I tried it with 50 scrolls. This was not enough for the Orc army.
Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:58 pm