Oh man....funny stuff....(spoilers)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Oh man....funny stuff....(spoilers)

Over the weekend wile playing I was at the part where the goblin want to kill each other as well as the traders. Anyway for some reason they attacked me even with the troll necklace. The funny thing was when I got to the two brothers/traders they had been killed and a goblin was fighting the dog. I got such a kick out of it I just sat back and watched. I found this extremely funny and to my surprise the dog won the battle. Ha! It was great. I wish the dog would have followed me.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:57 pm
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I also saw this battle at the traders cave, but it was 2 goblins taking on the little dog. As I ran to them ready to give the goblins someone else to pick on, it became clear that this little dog was successfully holding off the goblins all by itself. Stopping to stare in disbelief as this epic battle raged on, the goblins finally managed to kill the dog. Feeling guilty that I had not rushed in right away to save the mutt, I proceeded to splatter goblin blood all over the area.

Only trolls in the lower caves will respect Greu's amulet and not attack you on sight. Goblins could care less about it.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:00 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Dog

Yeh, I saw it too during one of times I played. I got the dog to follow me half way through the cave one time, by clicking on him and keeping him in sight. Then I ran into a Troll or goblin and after the battle, he was back at the traders camp. May I try and get him to follow me all the way to the transporter this time and see what happens. I doubt he can leave that level though.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:36 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Other funny thing I saw once.

BSC14, once when I finished the tavern part, I killed one women who was customer, and every time I walked past her body after that, she would raise her head and say "Not a good place to raise kids." This cracked me up and spooked me at the same time. I bet I walked past her four or five times before I saw the voice was coming from her.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:00 pm
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Re: Other funny thing I saw once.

quote:
Originally posted by cmckj50
BSC14, once when I finished the tavern part, I killed one women who was customer, and every time I walked past her body after that, she would raise her head and say "Not a good place to raise kids." This cracked me up and spooked me at the same time. I bet I walked past her four or five times before I saw the voice was coming from her.

No one attacked for it? Damn barbarian
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:15 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Attacked??

They were all attacking me when I tried to make my potion in the caldron behind the bar. That women was very unreasonable. I had to defend myself.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:22 pm
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Re: Attacked??

quote:
Originally posted by cmckj50
They were all attacking me when I tried to make my potion in the caldron behind the bar. That women was very unreasonable. I had to defend myself.

Yeah she is kinda rude when you try to go back there. What the hell....she asked for it.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:25 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Rude is right!!

Glad you understand. I hate to be thought of as unnecessarily brutal to the common folk.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:29 pm
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I never had a problem w/ Tizzy or any of the other patrons attacking me when I went to make the special potion behind the bar. Tizzy would yell at me every once in a while and run about a bit in dismay, but no one ever attacked me. I left with my potion in peace.

I almost wish Tizzy had given me a physical excuse to sanction her, because if you continue to question her for the password to the locked door before you discover it for yourself, she will say that you can find out what it is once you've been "initiated". It's no coincidence that an entrance to the cult temple is in her bar -- Tizzy herself is a cultist!

Last edited by OctU on Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:31 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Tizzy

I think the attack is a matter of timing and weather you spend money there ect. I tried to reason with her the first few times I played, but as you said, I know she had it coming, so I just meaded out the justice a good guardian would use. It's faster and you get a few more exp. points for it.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:35 pm