Stuck for hours...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
TimmyP
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Stuck for hours...

Okay Im completely stuck on two missions, the thieves guild quest and the swampweed quest. I have to do them both for Lord Andre.

My problem is I cannot find out the next step for either quest. I am in the very beginning of chapter 2.

Thieves guild problem:
I did the quest to get that jora's gold back from renguru. I killed renguru to solve this. I went back and talked to the merchant(jora), but where do I go next? Ive literally talked to EVERYONE!

Swwampweed quest problem:
I dont even know where to go or what to do to start this quest. Ive talked to everyone at the bar, and everyone else around the harbor. My quset log says something about the bartender talking to a mercenary and thats it. Where do I go?
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:23 am
Ruskie Soldat
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

You shouldn't kill Rengaru...either turn him in, or force him to return the gold to you and let him go free - your choice. Then talk to Jora and return his gold for your reward.

As for the swampweed, just go to the warehouse down the ramp from where you chased Rengaru. There should be a guard on top of the ramp inside the warehouse - kill him, and check the chests in the back for the swampweed.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:37 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

lol. Why did you kill Rengaru? No need, he's harmless.
Well anyways, he plays no part in Andre's quest.

Swampweed quest is tough. The game teaches you not to go into strange buildings, but you must for this quest. The swampweed is in the harbor, by the water. Right below the ramp, beside Brahim, the map dealer.

The Thieves Guild thing isn't a quest. You should ignore it, and join the Thieves Guild instead.
Andre only gives out 2 Quests. Swampweed, and help the farmer.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:57 am
TimmyP
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thanks guys I got both parts of swampweed done now, but since I killed rengaru, can I still get in the thieves guild?
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:03 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

No.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:44 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Just to extend bora's one-word excellent response.

quote:
Originally posted by TimmyP
since I killed rengaru, can I still get in the thieves guild?

Unless you use cheats to "revive" Rengaru, it is impossible for you to get in because you have broken an essential quest.

If you wish to cheat, ask again and I'll tell you how to do that. But, to cheat or not to cheat? That's your choice.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:49 pm
SeraphimBenited
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If you manage to revive rengaru....you have several other steps to complete...you'll have to do a quest for that guy sitting in the bar in the docks...There is also an "odd fish" to be found...if you use it inside menu you will find a letter inside...once you read the letter...go talk to that dude that sells fish at the docks... And just follow the plot...it should lead you through with no trouble...i also had trouble in this quest...i didn't realize that you had to use that damn fish!!!
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:06 am