View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by VPeric
the damage you do is weapon + STR - armor... can't get simpler than that).

I think that what many of us hope for is exactly what you state:
If weapon damage is "weapon + STR - armor", then why shouldn't spell damage be 'rune + MAG -armor'? Everyone should still be able to cast scrolls, but only mages would get to use runes and have an enhancement based on their magical circle and some stat.

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:25 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

well u weren't listening too carefully...
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:59 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

if they changed the beatuiful control scheme then I'll play a mage, until that time I'm first playing a fighter
Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:57 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by cptmaxon
if they changed the beatuiful control scheme then I'll play a mage, until that time I'm first playing a fighter

You can find a mana regeneration mod on World of Gothic. You can learn it as a new skill in the mini mod.
Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:57 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

So you really think a mage can kill hundreds of beasts, in day or night, in light or dark with only magic? Of course no one can deside that, Magic is a fantasy after all, and to limit what is fable is wrong. But I think Gothic's mage is not/wasn't of that type.
Post Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:02 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by X-dANGEr
So you really think a mage can kill hundreds of beasts, in day or night, in light or dark with only magic? Of course no one can deside that, Magic is a fantasy after all, and to limit what is fable is wrong. But I think Gothic's mage is not/wasn't of that type.

And you really think a fighter can kill hundreds of beasts, in day or night, in light or dark with only a sword?

The problem is not the regeneration of mana, but the regeneration of mana after every enemy you've killed. In NotR it really starts getting on your nerves when you need to refill your mana after every 4-5 shots, most of the time this is one or two enemies.

Last edited by Sem on Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:18 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

The mana weaker????!! Ah u can't say this is true. The mana is too poor in notr, it was better in the original gothics. I think they should really change this magic, but don't make it weaker. (if we talk about notr, they should make it stronger) So some concentration, to no spell interruption. (some percent to interrupt, and some to don't interrupt. ) And the mage have to cost many for the magic! And we didn't taalked about the sword using!
Post Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:26 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
quote:
Originally posted by X-dANGEr

And you really think a fighter can kill hundreds of beasts, in day or night, in light or dark with only a sword?

The problem is the regeneration of mana, but the regeneration of mana after every enemy you've killed. In NotR it really starts getting on your nerves when you need to refill your mana after every 4-5 shots, most of the time this is one or two enemies.

Let's see. I think Hercules matches those descriptions

Surely mana should generate itself, after all it's spirtiual power, and since when a person's will is only gain by potions..
Post Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:56 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Milan Kovacs
The mana weaker????!! Ah u can't say this is true. The mana is too poor in notr, it was better in the original gothics. I think they should really change this magic, but don't make it weaker. (if we talk about notr, they should make it stronger) So some concentration, to no spell interruption. (some percent to interrupt, and some to don't interrupt. ) And the mage have to cost many for the magic! And we didn't taalked about the sword using!

There were some confusing errors in my post, here's the explanation:

The thing about swords was only meant to state the differences between the mages and fighters in NotR. Fighters can kill tons of creature one after another, while a mage will have to reload his mana everytime (assuming both have plenty of armor and hitpoints to stay alive).

Regenerating mana with potions isn't so strange in my opinion, but in NotR you have to replenish mana after every two or three enemies and that becomes really annyoing and slows the game down.
Post Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:22 am
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Well as u think...
Post Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:48 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4