View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

ATT: Plugin Authors

Hey,

Can anyone who is making plugins please try and not bundle all the effects together. E.g.:

Faeire Plugin: Not only does this add the faerie class, but it also changes summon duration and mana cost, adds a new mage class and a new birthsign.

This is gonna be a problem for people who dont want all of this. I personally downloaded it just for the faerie part, but I do not want to install the summon duration section or the new mage class, and obviously I cant install them seperately since its all in one file.

So for future reference, it would probably be a good idea to keep the effects in their own plugin and group them together only if they are associated with one another. Such as the new mage class and its associated birthsign in the faerie plugin. The Summon changes and the Faerie should both be their own plugin.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 4:43 pm
Glass

Just fire up the editor, load the plugin you want to use part of, and take out the parts you don't want. Not that hard, there's a rather detailed (if somewhat confusing) help system within the editor itself, and these boards are a massive resource of information as well.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 5:55 pm

Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Yeah I thought you might be able to do something like that. But I think it would be better to make the mods as user friendly as possible in the first place. I am sure there are people out there who are terrified of messing with the editor, and they wouldnt have the pleasure of experiencing some of the cool mods that are coming out because just a couple of the plugins elements unbalance the game.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 6:01 pm