Usergroups
Question about upgrading sword skill
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Leandar
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I finally started kicking some butt with level 1 sword skill. I made it to level 7 and upgraded sword skill to level 2. I have noticed though that his movements seem more cumbersome and not as fluid as they were before, which is awkward since I am at a higher level now. I just want to know if this will change as I increase in levels. Also, How do I raise my sword skill from 10% since it has already reached the max leveling of 2, as it is stated in the manual.
Thanks to anyone that will help
Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 12:56 pm
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Hmm... don't share your impression of sword fighting being less fluid on level 2. I thought it really improved. Not as much as from level 0 to level 1 but still it got better IMHO.

The 10% value is for critical hits. You have a 10% chance to strike enemies dead with a single blow. That's what it means.
Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 2:24 pm
Leandar
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

OK, that makes sense. Thanks Moriendor. Another question i have is, I don't know if any of you has run into this but, when trading how do I select Items one by one and not ten by ten? I always have to charge a little less than full price in order to make my transactions happen.
Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 6:40 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

There are only 2 levels for sword skills.

I cheated to give my character 100& Critical Hit. He killed a 1000 life Troll with one hit with a pickaxe.

About fighting: Hold down CTRL or Mouse1 then press Forward or W(E) to attack. This is how the character attacks. Pressing Left and Right only works with two-handed weapons. This movement pushes the enemy far away from you.

You can't trade in 1's. You sometimes can, but most of the time, you have to trade 10% of the inventory.

So if there are 100 lockpicks, you HAVE to either buy or sell 10 lockpicks at a time.
If there are 1000, then you have to buy or sell 100 at a time. etc
Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 6:45 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:

On 2001-11-25 12:45, FetishFool wrote:
You can't trade in 1's. You sometimes can, but most of the time, you have to trade 10% of the inventory.

So if there are 100 lockpicks, you HAVE to either buy or sell 10 lockpicks at a time.
If there are 1000, then you have to buy or sell 100 at a time. etc

This is wrong!
I don´t know about primary controls, but here´s how trading works for ASDW:
-Ctrl + A/D ==> move 10 items
-Ctrl + Shift + A/D ==> move 100 items
-Ctrl + Cursor L/R ==> move 1 item (I´m not sure about Ctrl, so also try without )
Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 6:53 pm

Gorath, you are correct.
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 3:04 am

quote:

On 2001-11-25 12:45, FetishFool wrote:
Pressing Left and Right only works with two-handed weapons. This movement pushes the enemy far away from you.

What do you mean? Of course you can use left and right with one-handed-weapons! It's useful too when you need to shock your opponent with few quick slashes.
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 12:27 pm

FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

, Gorath!
I never knew! I even emailed a site that was making a Gothic Tutorial. Shitty, eh!

And about the sword fighting thing. I meant that swinging left and right doesn't do much with 1 handed weapons. You should use them in combonation with the pre-defined formations, but swinging with left and right doesn't do much damage, and is slower.

With two-handed weapons, swinging Left and Right only pushes the enemy further away. This gives you time to use your First Strike method again.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 1:53 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:

On 2001-11-27 19:53, FetishFool wrote:
, Gorath!
I never knew! I even emailed a site that was making a Gothic Tutorial. Shitty, eh!

Which site?
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 2:08 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

It was a site on Geocities.
They looked really professional, and they started a really good Tutorial.

In the beginning, when I started the Gothic demo, I wondered why I had to trade Raw Steel by the hundreds. If I had known that you could control how much you trade, it would have been sooo much easier on me.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 2:27 am
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Why trade raw steel? Turn them into crude swords…I know it’s a pain in the ass but at least you can do all annealing, then all the forging, then all the tempering and lastly all the sharpening at the same time. And it even has the same bug as cooking meat…

Does anyone know if you can train in two-handed sword fighting? I have mastered one-handed sword fighting but the tutors in both the OC & NC don’t give me that option.

Sylvio
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:03 pm
Zorak
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well, I joined the old camp and while being there Thorus can train you in 2 handed weapons, but then they kicked me out and then became a Mercenary. I believe that Lee can teach you the next level.

Joy's recollection is no longer joy, while sorrow's
memory is sorrow still
~Lord Byron
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:24 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah, you have to be a Guard, Mercenary or Templar to learn two-handed fighting.

And only certain people will teach you.
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 11:13 pm

I didn't bother with sword skils above level 1.I just used the skilpoints for strength. And bacame a kickass swordfighter Few criticals but much damage in every bloe is the way to go IMHO
Post Sat Dec 01, 2001 4:16 pm

Just a little question...
i'm level 6, and when i try to join a guild, a message "level 5 required" appears.
When i was level 5, i didn't had this message.
Is it too late or what ?
Post Sat Dec 01, 2001 4:41 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next