English Subtitles text for German Gothic 2 Demo
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hi.

The link to download the subtitles is in HornOx's posting just a few posts above mine.

quote:
Originally posted by InfernalSlayer
Wow i haven t been on the net so long that they make an english subtitles!!! i will like to get this subtitles because i dont understand german too! can some one tell me something about it and meybe send them to me please!

Thanx!
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:14 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I put up a mirror:

http://www.pitt.edu/~mev4/g2demo_english.zip
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:02 pm
FICKSER
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey Hornox
You mentioned that the english subtitles are included in the latest Gothic2 patch!!!
If someone was to buy the German version ,could the English subtitles be enabled?????

If so would it be complicated?????
Post Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:26 pm
InfernalSlayer
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Thnx for the reply !!!
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:21 pm
Nightfall
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey

I'd love to download it if it works in english, is it true that Gothic II won't be released in an english version?
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:31 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

There is an English language version of GII; it's scheduled for a Q1 2003 release.
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:45 pm
superdarkdude
Village Leader
Village Leader

sprechen zie deutsch? NEIN!

I thought, what the heck, D/L the german demo, figured I could at least check out the graphics. I did, and I loved the new look and feel, but of course, couldnt understand a stinkin word anyone said! (Especially that warning not to tell anyone about Xardas, LOL) So I try it for a bit, then uninstall it, because I can't even tell what my goals are! THEN, I come on the forum and start looking for the English release date (which seems to be somewhere between February 14 and April 17.... FREAKIN SWELL!!!) and find a lil' thread about english subtitles for the demo! Well by gor and by golly, I d/l the file, slap it in the data folder, and Voila, playable demo! Thnx to all you intrepid gamers who made this possible, you're a credit to the breed!
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:14 am
RastaBlasta420
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Lysander
I put up a mirror:

http://www.pitt.edu/~mev4/g2demo_english.zip

Thanks you so much, Lysander. I needed this and all the other links are down.
Post Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:55 am
toomy_xp
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi!

It seems the latest english subtitle file contains the subtitles for the full game. I know because I bought the german version, and tried it. I was in the mining colony too and I met there with a few Npc and the subtitle was english.
The only problem is, when You enter Khorinis city, all the caracters which are not in the demo are missing. Maybe because the subtitle files are made from the demo files. If somebody knows how to eliminate this problem then please help!! Im eager to play this game!!

Toomy
Post Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:40 am
HornOx
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Wait 2 weeks and buy the english version. I don't make a translation for the full version and i hope no one except for PB make one.
Post Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:59 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

HornOx did mention that he got the file from one of the patches that PB distributed. My guess is that in the time between the original German releaes and the patch, the english translation was done and the subititle file just got carried along with the latest build.

As to your problem, it may be the case that all the english subtitles actually were NOT finished. The ones in the demo happened to work along with some other ones which you happened to try. Perhaps there are even more missing and its not just the Khorinis people.

The reason why they are missing might be related to some checks the game does when building objects. Perhaps part of the process of building a game object (like an NPC) is to match up a voice file with a corresponding subtitle file in the language you've chosen. If one or the other is missing, maybe the object load fails and you don't see the character.

quote:
Originally posted by toomy_xp
Hi!

It seems the latest english subtitle file contains the subtitles for the full game. I know because I bought the german version, and tried it. I was in the mining colony too and I met there with a few Npc and the subtitle was english.
The only problem is, when You enter Khorinis city, all the caracters which are not in the demo are missing. Maybe because the subtitle files are made from the demo files. If somebody knows how to eliminate this problem then please help!! Im eager to play this game!!

Toomy

Post Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:02 pm
toomy_xp
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks! I will check out for further possibiltes!

Be Good!

Toomy
Post Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:44 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by elkston
Perhaps part of the process of building a game object (like an NPC) is to match up a voice file with a corresponding subtitle file in the language you've chosen. If one or the other is missing, maybe the object load fails and you don't see the character.

There are NPCs in the Dead Harpy Tavern and elsewhere in the demo that have subtitles but no voices.

Toomy, did you try to use a savegame from the demo in the full version?
Post Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:20 pm
TrUmaNshO
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Are the links to the translation files are broken...anybody can help?
Post Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:58 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

They should work. At least they do for me.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:18 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next