Chicken Potion...HELP!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Lady_J
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Chicken Potion...HELP!

OK....I know what I have to do....but I can't make this damn potion!!!!!
I have all my ingredients....it's not working...I'm almost level 9...what am I doing wrong?? Any advice??
Pleezzzeeee
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:53 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Potion

O.K. Are you making it in the caldron at the tavern? Did you download and install the patch? It won't work unless patch is installed. Are you using a bottle of water on the caldron when you finish. Are you sure the bottle of water is not there in your inventory. Point to each bottle in your inventory and see if one says "Strange potion". If this is not your problem, tell exactly what you did and we can go from there. Hope this helps.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:29 pm
Lady_J
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Potion

AHHH HA!! Ok, the only thing I haven't done is install the patch....Ummm....which one is it...I hate downloading mutiple patches...(stinkin' patches)...
Thank you sooo much for that tid bit of info!!
I looovvvee this game!
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:12 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Patch

Just install the latest and you will be ready to go. But you may have to go to a saved game that is before you started making the potion so you don't run into any bugs. You can install after starting the game, just not in mid potion. Patch number is 1.17. Go to support file, enter Arx and then click on the words Patch 1.17. If you needed more help, just let me know.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:57 pm
Lady_J
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Potion

I got it! Wooo Hoo! I did all that, made my potion and ended up finishing the game last night.....
I am compelled to play again, considering the problem I had with the giant worm should now be remedied.
Thank you for your help! Much appreciated!
Have a great day!
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:06 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Game

That's great. I've started my 9th game and am doing stuff different from all the other times. I keep reading new tricks here on board and have fun trying them out. There are so many spells I never used, so have fun. I might suggest that you uninstall all your saved games. I had a problem with them showing up when I started a new game. Might just be my system, but who knows. This is a great game. Glad I could help.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:54 pm
Lady_J
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wondering

Since you've played it a lot, Heres a question....have you reached level 10?? Even with all the side missions??? It seems like you have to kill every single thing, twice to be able to get there .....
I could ramble off question after question, but I should play again before submitting someone to my rambleings....
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:51 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Level 10

I never made ten. I always goof up on the bank quest. I forget to do it when Gary is home, and then he stays in the bank so long, I usually just finish the game. And I did kill everyone one time, and still never made level 10, unless I made it after killing Akbaa. But then yu can't check and it really doesn't matter anyway. If you finish it once, then save just before going into the room where you use the five Akbaa Rocks so you can reload and kill everyone and everything you can find. It is nice to see all the stuff you couldn't get to during the game. And don't hesitate to ask if you have a question. I used this board to death until I finished the game a few times. Now I try to help and watch for new ways to do stuff and use stuff. Have fun.
P.S. Go back to all the levels and kill the respawned rats and goblins and a few other reborn NPC's. Helps you level faster when getting near end.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:49 pm