So which camp will win?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

So which camp will win?

Which camp will win if they fought each other right at the beginning? I know this thread is similar to one posted earlier, but it's more specific to right at the start of the game.

I think the New Camp would win! It's true there are several Templars within the Sleeper's Temple which have been given life power by Kalom at the end. But that's at the end. They're probably a lot weaker at the beginning, before going with Kalom into the Temple.

It's true the Old Camp is strong, with very powerful mages, including Corristo. But you have to remember that they do not support war with other camps and will oppose the Old Camp leadership if it were to fight with other camps. So the mages have to be left out!

The New Camp however has it's share of really powerful guys... and they're all rogues and mercenaries. They won't have any guilt slaughtering their neighbors and attacking any camp! Also, when the battle starts, most of the New Camp guys have bows and will take down many enemies even while they're approaching!

You can't compare camps at the end of the game cos' whichever camp you're a member of is obviously the strongest! You can single-handedly take out all three camps if you wanted!
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:15 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

New camp will win. Becasue the shadows run away for powerful people.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:20 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

Old camp will wine from the New Camp the Old Camp Guards are much better Rougs run away too for powerful people so..

Then the Sect will whin they are smart they let the OC and the NC fight ech other and then its easy for the Sect because there are not much left then..

Gothic II Credits
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:38 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

In real life, the Sect Camp would win, because they are the most diplomatic, and because the Templars are the best trained warriors(no other warriors can use magics like healing).
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:43 pm
Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

The Old Camp would win. Gomez, Raven, Arto, Scar, Barthalo, Cutter, Thorus, Diego, Skip, Stone, Scorpio, Sly, Whistler, Fisk, Fingers, Scatty.......you get the point.

If they were to take on the New Camp the only threat there Gorn, Torlof, Lee, Lares, Orik.. (if we leave out the mages of fire were leavin out water up a good fight, but they are out numbered by the guards.

They would have much more trouble with the Sect Camp, but they would win.....just cuz...
No self control, he just lets his emotions go.
~The Definition of a Madman

=Member of the Flamers' Guild=
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:49 pm
goshuto
Wanderer
Wanderer

It really depends on who's attacking who, where, and when. For instance, imagine the NC attacking the SC at night, when it's raining. Half of the mercenaries would get lost in the swamp and be eaten by sharks.

On the other hand, anybody attacking the OC during the day would have a hard time getting near without being spotted.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:49 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Gomez the Mad: That someone is named does not mean they are better fighters.. I've taken out basically everybody in Gothic, and a normal Veteran/Templar/Mercenary can take out most of the named characters you mentioned.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:28 pm
SpanGi
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
Gomez the Mad: That someone is named does not mean they are better fighters.. I've taken out basically everybody in Gothic, and a normal Veteran/Templar/Mercenary can take out most of the named characters you mentioned.

But ok, a normal fighter can kill the immortal ones too? Which is kinda lots of those GomezTheMad mentioned...

Diego is immortal........

argh.. never mind this post *bad point* lol
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:56 pm
Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

@Maylander......Good point, if that was what we were talking about. This isn't the Player vs the Camps. It is the Camps vs the Camps. And the named characters would indeed be more formadable to any other camp than just the diggers or guards. See what I mean?

Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:03 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

No, in the OC there is only 2 immortal characters, and they are on the players' side(in the end of the game that is).

Why would they be better? They are only named because they have a meaning or other in the game, but if you check out their stats, you will see that their armor, weapons, HP and so on is not higher than any other Shadow/Guard.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:17 pm
Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Ok guy. In this make-believe war there ARE no immortal people. And they would be stronger because I said they would be stronger. Anything else?

Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:01 pm
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

If the Ore Barons can stop lazing around and enjoying their wines and start fighting, they would have more chance. The Old Camp is lacking of lower class power. The shadows are nothing compared to the rogues in the New Camp. Most shadows carry only the weak armor and crude swords, while the rogues wear better armors and have more powerful maces. New Camp would win.

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:33 pm
Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

New Camp would win if it were only Shadows vs Rouges. But this isn't the case. Let's look at mercenaries and guards, along with the named characters of each of the two camps.The New Camp is out numbered pretty bad. Also if the New Camp planned to attack the Old Camp head on, they wouldn't even get into the Castle courtyard me thinks. The Old Camp is a fort. Now if the OC attack the NC head on, it would be a masacre. The New Camp is a cave. Then again if you included the Orc Camp in this little war between camps, then they would win. Knock down, drag out, no questions asked.

Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:42 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

No; in the later game, the OC captures the Free Mine(NCs' mine), and the reason why they use the secret pass is because they know they could never win an open attack on the NC. The defenders in a war like that would always have an advantage big enough to turn the tide.

The Camp winning the war would depend 100% on the development of the war.

Honestly, I think the Sect Camp is the only Camp diplomatic enough to win a war like that, because they would stay neutral until most of the other soldiers were dead, and then try to convince them to join. You must remember that a war isn't over in a day, and the Sect Camp is the fastest growing camp(according to several NPC's in the game).
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:23 am
Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Good point(s). Too bad there was never actually a war between the camps in the game......

Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:27 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next