Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How do I make a ring of constant levitate?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Zameir
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

How do I make a ring of constant levitate?

I am cashed up after many dungeon raids and want a ring of constant levitate. I can make one that last for about 5 seconds for 5k but can't seem to find a way to make the effect constant on "self". I stole the soul gems from the mage guild, would the big one be of any use?
Post Fri May 24, 2002 9:36 am
Gussett

You will need a Grand Soul gem with either a Golden Saint or an Ascended Sleeper. Both souls retail for 80000 septims, these are the only souls powerful enough to give a constant effect.
You will also need a very good quality item as well (Exquisite), be prepared to compromise & spend a load of cash (about 50K).
Post Fri May 24, 2002 10:32 am

Wow, that's a big cost. Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'll just have to give it a miss. 50k is a lot of money and I don't think the soul gem from the mages guild is a grand sould gem.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 10:54 am

Sadufipo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If you put 15 pts into constant levitate, be prepared to spend ~150,000. But you need an item that can hold ~500 charge. Good luck finding one of those.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 2:24 pm

what you're asking is impossible. As far as a I know, the item that can hold the greatest charge is the daedric shield, at 150. That's still not enough to hold a constant levitate charge, believe me I tried. The soul gem isn't the problem. Also, if you were making a constant effect levitate, you would want to fly faster than you walk (it would be annoying to be slowed down dramatically by your "awesome" ring) so you'd want a magnitude of at least 50....and that would require a charge probably ten times as high as any item can hold.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 2:41 pm

Nim
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Item Charge

Exquisite Rings are 240, IIRC.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 5:07 pm
KPeh-

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
what you're asking is impossible. As far as a I know, the item that can hold the greatest charge is the daedric shield, at 150. That's still not enough to hold a constant levitate charge, believe me I tried.

Utter rubbish. I made a constant levitate exquisite belt (adimittedly 1 in magnitude), but with the Boots of Blinding Speed I went fast enough.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 6:47 pm

yeah, and you couldn't see =P
Post Fri May 24, 2002 7:05 pm

Mourn

well its a cheap solution but,

enchant a ring or sumptin with a mag 1 levitate and about 12 sec duration.

this only cost 1 to cast, if you use a 100 point soul gem to fuel it you can fly around for a long time. since it will regen points based on enchant if your high enough skill it will never run out

and it only costs about 1500 gold.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 7:48 pm

Zameir
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

thanks for all the replies, I guess I'll just have to go and try some of these things. The ring or belt with 1 mag and 12 duration sounds like a plan.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 9:31 pm
KPeh-

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
yeah, and you couldn't see =P

I could see fine. I was a Breton Mage with a 50% Magicka resistance.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 10:35 pm

yeah...I was basing most of my assumptions on the way things were earlier in the game, where the boots completely blinded me. Also, the way a 20 point levitate spell does very little. But yes, with high speed, a one point levitate with speed boots IS very effective...I have gotten more items now, so I'm 80% magic resistant (dark elf)...I really didn't even think that that might have an effect. But thanks, your advice was indeed correct.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 10:42 pm