Chromanin Found
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Graham 2,

I hav'nt much time to talk about Mud a the moment, as i am very busy looking for the "old man"

Hey! - - - he could be Mud's Dad!
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:35 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

I was under the impression that you had already found him.
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:50 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

i see not how this can be .. i did the quest and found him dead whit the 6th book but it was blank .. and then the quest was complite .. i even tried to revive him by posseing him and useing F8 .. but the only dialog option was "ende" .. but maybe in some german special edition it migth be diffrent who knows ?
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:56 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey Graham 2,

No, i hav'nt found him, this is as i see it:- unknowingly at the time, the first time i played Gothic, i was collecting the cromanin books without bothering to even realise what the quest was. but i did read each one (which then triggers and inserts the next book) and i can remember reading 5 of them but never got the 6th . Then at some point, almost by accident, i kind of "fell" into a room, there was an old man with his back towards me, when i spoke to him, he gave me a task, i think i then had to return when it was completed. I can remember feeling guilty about if i should steal from the chests which were in the room, so i did not touch them, at the other end of the small room i could see daylight, as i walked through a kind of cave/door entrance, i was standing on a kind of catwalk/scaffolding of wood planks on the side of a cliff face overlooking some water, if you stand near the old wooden shipwreck and look towards the cliffs half way up is a kind of grassy ledge, i have been back to that area so many times, there's nothing there, and i can't see how it is possible for the game to suddenly render the textured area from nowhere because in Gothic all rendered area's are fixed throughout the game.

I have never read any other threads or info's on this till suddenly, years later,
wolverine_men makes this thread. - - - i'm bewildered.
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:05 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

I know the place you describe, if you go into the fog tower tunnels and carry on exploring past the skeleton mage then you come to this place, however I have never seen anything else there, I hope that this quest does exist because it means after 3 years of playing gothic and I still haven't finished everything it has to offer, what a game.
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:26 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

are you talking about the small beach down by the end of the cliff?
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:29 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

No but it is close to there (you are on about the beach with the shipwreck and the fire lizards aren't you?) If so then hop in the water and swim right follow the cliff and you will soon come to a cave with a wooden catwalk, this is a back entrance to the tunnel system in the fog tower.

Last edited by Graham 2 on Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:43 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

yer thats what i ment ... but in that place i've never seen chests or a man ..
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:49 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

No, not that place, everybody knows that place,

Follow the "maze of twisty passages" till you come to the sea, swim around towards the left to the sandy beach, just there high half way up the cliff is a grassy ledge, but also and i can't be too sure, there is a grassy ledge if you swim to the right, theres a large boulder but its hard to climb, but i "flew" there and there's nothing,

Some "deep interpretation" is required i think with this cromanin thing, there are enough wise men on these forums! as mentioned previously, it only happens if it's done a certain way, (e.g) why that specific number of books?
*one for each chapter*? what else, the path of righteousness, what could that be, ?

I did possess the "corpse" to evaluate, just a couple of jabs makes him say "okay-okay" .

I suppose most players would not accept that this killing the corpe and getting 200xp and potions and ring etc', could/may be a "dummy" quest only
the "wise" will understand the riddles.
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:07 am
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

what chapter where you in when you droped in to this cave ?
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:21 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Uocjat,

I don't remember it was three years ago, but it was about 3/4 way into the game?
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:43 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

oki .. was just thinging maybe it had something to do whit what part of the game .. who knows ?
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:52 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@ Uocjat,

You are right-on, its got everything to do with the right sequence in the right part of the game, dont suppose anyone could play the game "exactly" the same sequence twice over.
I am searching with a text editor at the moment, looking for clues?
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:34 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

tried opening the world level file .. but i did see a cave at that place ..
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:37 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Uocjat,

You saw the cave? please tell me more, any other details, I'm thinking of following the waypoint lines in the fog tower, see if they branch-off.
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:12 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next