Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Elder Scrolls 4 (PC/XB360) New Download @ Official Site
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread

Your an idiot that doesn't even know anything about the mod community since there were several mods that started way before Oblivion came out. I'm not talking about using the editor and creating them but creating the story, dialog, models, design. You can't say that bethesda didn't steal it because it could have been started long before Oblivion came out.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:41 pm

Rendelius what are you in you're 30's? Getting upset over videogames and discussions then you call people kiddies when you're a big pansy
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:04 pm

Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Rendelius what are you in you're 30's? Getting upset over videogames and discussions then you call people kiddies when you're a big pansy

I am in my fourties, actually, and I get upset when trolls raise their voice. C'mon, asking me what I get paid from Bethesda is so low, you have to look under the carpet to find the poster...

Last edited by Rendelius on Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:21 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Your an idiot that doesn't even know anything about the mod community since there were several mods that started way before Oblivion came out. I'm not talking about using the editor and creating them but creating the story, dialog, models, design. You can't say that bethesda didn't steal it because it could have been started long before Oblivion came out.

You still failed to produce proof for your assumptions. I'll care to discuss with you once you have done so, until then keep your "idiot" to yourself - I think he feels pretty at home there.

Edited for spelling.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:24 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Bethesda didn't come up with this. The modding community didn't come up with this. The idea of Wizard towers has existed since long before we got computers, back in the old fantasy litterature. Bethesda can use that idea like everyone else, in any game - my problem with all of this is that I feel it should be free. Sure, content like horse armor and whatever is suitable as plug-ins and whether people are willing to pay for it or not is up to them, but having your own fortress(or wizard tower) is something I feel belongs in the game. It should've been there all along, as it was one of the really good things in Morrowind. A general rule of development is to keep the good parts and remove/change the bad, but now Bethesda is actually charging us to get one of the good things from Morrowind into Oblivion.

I don't like it one bit, but then again, I'm a bit of an old school player, I don't like all this fancy new stuff, hehe.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:19 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

I have to agree - Bethsoft didn't steal it because it's a ridiculously obvious idea to start with. So, can we discuss the mod itself?

I don't have a problem with $1.88 addons but this is banal. I really don't know why anyone would be attracted by a house+cheats mod. When Bethsoft gets around to releasing some actual content, I might pay more attention. There are 200 cut-and-paste dungeons in there just begging for a little backstory and some good quests -- get on with it.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:56 pm
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

I agree with the conspiracy guys. Lets call Maulder and Scaully and get to the bottom of this.

Jack Bower (aka: roqua, aka: stupid idiot), over and out!
Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:21 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2