lost ore weapon for paladins
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
kiper
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

lost ore weapon for paladins

I made a mistake and sold the ore weapon i received when i became a knight. is there any way to get a new one? if not, can anyone tell me how
to get it through a cheat? i know there are other threads about the cheats
but i don't understand anything from them. how do i activate the cheats
terminal and what code do i need?
thank you
thank you
thank you

Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:14 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

First it`s very interesting that You`ve been given ore sword becoming paladin (I understand thats what You meant by knight). I was given only few good words. I had to buy ore sword form Harald in Khorinis. If You sold it try to buy it back. Maybe Harald can make You new one but he stated that he can only make one for every Paladin.If I didn`t understand You right post some more information.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:35 am
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

I think you'r wrong when you become a Paladin you'll get a sword but it's just a normal sword, if you want an ore sword you'll need to talk to Harald and then buy an one or two handed ore sword for 2000 gold pieces, then go to the monostary and on you'r left there's a mage in that room there is a knight then pray and pay 5000 gold pieces and you'll have an sword that does 70 dmg.

Gothic II Credits
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:35 am
kiper
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

First let me explain, when i became a paladin i didn't receive the sword but
had to buy it from the smith in town (2000 GP), unfortunately i sold it to some merchent and now i can't find it again. i talked to all the merchents in the game but none of them have it or any other magic ore sword. i'm in chapter 5 now and i seems like i'll need a blessed sword to finish the game but the only sword i can bless in the monostary in a magic ore one.
is there any other way or place for a paladin to get an ore sword?
if not how do i do that through the cheats terminal ?
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:45 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I don`t know normal way. But somewhere here or on Gothic2 official english forum there was a list equipment in the game and how to add it to your inventory.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:02 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

I don't think so. You may either re-load the game from Chapter 3 ... or spawn the sword through the cheat console.

You can type the following command if you bought a 1-handed ore blade, sans AutoComplement:
code:
insert itmw_1h_blessed_01

If you bought a 2-handed ore blade, type the following command, sans AutoComplement:
code:
insert itmw_2h_blessed_01

Don't forget you need 5000 gold pieces for the first upgrade. You'll know how to do the second upgrade after you opened Xardas' package.

BTW, don't you think you should pay the consequences after you sold your "son" (i.e. your sword, which will follow you for the rest of your life) to the merchants?
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:03 pm
kiper
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah i know it was stupid to sell it but it didn't look that good in the begining and i found a better sword, so ....
only later i discoverd that i can get it blessed, but then it was to late.
thanks for the commands for the cheats but i still don't know how or where
i'm supposed to type them. how do i activate the cheat console/terminal or what ever ?

thanks.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:19 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by kiper
how do i activate the cheat console/terminal or what ever ?
Ariakas' Gothic Travel Guide contains detailed instructions of how to turn on the cheat mode. However, if you don't want to look over the site, read my poorly written instructions below:
  1. In the game, open the character statistics screen. The default key for opening the char stats screen is b.
  2. Type marvin. The word marvin will not be displayed on the screen, but don't worry.
  3. Close the char stats screen by pressing the hotkey again, i.e. b.
  4. You will notice a message MARVIN-MODE Enabled (something like that) displayed at the upper left corner of the screen.
  5. Now, press F2 to open the devmode console.
  6. Type in whichever command you desire
You can close the console by pressing F2 again.

In summary, type bmarvinb then press F2 to open the console, assuming you are using the default key configuration.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:44 pm
kiper
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks alot Kiwi Boy, you just saved me a lot of hours replaying the game from an old save game

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:04 am