Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What is your prediction for Gothic 3? Everyone participate!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Which do you predict is most likely going to be in Gothic 3?
Players will have the option of following Xardas in an evil guild on behalf of Beliar.
28%
 28%  [ 17 ]
Players will find out that one or more of their parents were a god.
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Xardas will kill Beliar and take over his reign.
23%
 23%  [ 14 ]
Players will meet Mud or one of his relatives.
27%
 27%  [ 16 ]
Players will have the ability to purchase and sail ships.
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
The end of Gothic 3 will result in the creation of another barrier.
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 59

Author Thread
mythicdude
City Guard
City Guard

i would like to work on the evil side, with xardas to kill important people around the country, burn houses , sabotage some delivery into the city...
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Saruman1964
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I think one nifty feature that could be added is "teams": most of the times the hero is alone against the world... You could either be part of a team or lead it.

All is needed is a mini-text interface to manage the team (basic command like follow/wait/rest/heal/take item/give item to apply to team-mates).

Just my opinion of course...

Saruman
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:04 am
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

"becoming xzardas enemy and fighting his evil creturs and than finding out his your parent"
or:
"helping fighting in a new war agains evil at the mainland that started coz of xzardas"
man i cant wait till gothic 3 will come...
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:43 pm
Rafter II
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Pikkon
"becoming xzardas enemy and fighting his evil creturs and than finding out his your parent"
or:
"helping fighting in a new war agains evil at the mainland that started coz of xzardas"
man i cant wait till gothic 3 will come...

Sounds a little like Star Wars:wink:
“May the force be with you” Pikkon
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:56 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

The team idea would be so fun! It would have to cost something though, otherwise it wouldn't be fair to players who prefer to fight alone. It would be best if players had to pay money on a daily or weekly basis, and share stuff with him too. Imagine trying to afford potions, spells, armor, weaponry, etc, for another character! It would make the game harder but more fun. I'd probably play through first with a team, as large as possible. Then I'd play through alone.... or maybe vice versa. It would certainly increase the strategy involved!
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:21 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Who thinks we'll ever go back to the valley of mines again? I predict we'll sail back to the valley of mines in Gothic 4 or 5. If not the valley of mines, then at least the harbor in the city of Khorinis.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:41 am
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

quote:
Originally posted by SirDeity
Who thinks we'll ever go back to the valley of mines again? I predict we'll sail back to the valley of mines in Gothic 4 or 5. If not the valley of mines, then at least the harbor in the city of Khorinis.

Personally, I doubt that we will ever see the isle of Khorinis again. What would we do there?

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:59 am
Blacklotus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

what I would really love about G3 is being able to import your character and continue developing him as a paladin's general (or whichever your class is) by having troops on your command or something like this. I'm sure there are lots of far better options than the easy one "you died/got damned by a mage and you must start your character all over again"

I really could not stand to start again the character from scratch
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:40 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

The game would be unfair to those who want to play Gothic 3 but didn't play Gothic or Gothic 2. Gothic 3 will probably just start off with you washed up on shore with no strength left... or you'll find land after being at sea for so long that you forget most of your skills. In any case, I'm sure in Gothic 3 you'll be a sort of hero to everyone for your past deeds. You may have to regain your strength and some of your skills, but I doubt you'll be a stranger to the majority of NPCs like you were in Gothic and Gothic 2.

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:17 pm
Blacklotus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by SirDeity
...case, I'm sure in Gothic 3 you'll be a sort of hero to everyone for your past deeds. You may have to regain your strength and some of your skills, but I doubt you'll be a stranger to the majority of NPCs like you were in Gothic and Gothic 2.

yes you're right...but there are options though...for example, in Baldur's Gate 2 they workarounded this by letting the player to create a new somehow high level party besides importing old BG1 char.

What I really wouldnt like to do for the 3rd time is the same...get the farmer armour, militia amour, heavy militia, etc

There are better approaches that can be choosen for G3 other than the easy one I think..
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:43 am
Razer
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I think that G3 will end with the erecting of another barier

Reasons:
1.In G2 there was a book or a letter in the secret library which stated that the first barrier was erected for the sole purpose of protecting the magic ore from Beliar
2.It would be the one finish that would allow G4 in relation with the story in G1,a kind of returning to the begining of time(the time of G1 of course)
3.It would be cool if you could trap Beliar in the new barrier and then in G4 you volunterily enter the dome(losing your powers in the process) and have to go face to face with The One True Master Of Evil
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:46 pm
Razer
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

forgot to mention

you will return to The Valley Of Mines with a ship given by the king or some other "big cheese" and there is where you imprison Beliar(along with his minions and the entire population of the island of Khorinis)

A last minute idea:maybe the plot of G3 will concentrate on finding the second temple of Beliar that dissapeared in the same time with the temple of irdorath
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:55 pm
Elratio
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I bet the start will be you on a stranded island because of the gold u refused to throw overboard starting at lvl 1. Either fighting with xardas on your side, or he will be your enemy. Who knows. And the kingdom part and King being dead, sounds realistic. And you will be king maybe. Unless there will be a gothic 4 that is. Either evil King=), or a Good King, maybe even a god. And finding ur parents sounds like a good idea, or find out you killed ur parents as a child, or you are really really really really evil. And u were hypnotised all along, and the orcs were really the good guys and u were working for the bad guys and u had to set everything straight again.
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:02 pm
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

...in my opinion, it's hard to predict many things about the story of gothic. the certain thing is that it won't be a simple, ordinary, and meaningless tale...
there are many leeds from the two games that are very promising for the future. the most promising was the dialogue between the hero and the undead dragon. and then the one between the hero and xardas in the end. through those we can see that the really important characters of the story (hero, xardas) are not so naive as all the rest, and don't really believe in all that "chosen of Innos" or "chosen of Beliar" stuff. actually they are not really concerned about the gods. all they do is use the power they are granted from them in order to fullfill their goals. the uncertainty of the hero about the gods is also made clear from the fact that when after he defeats the dragon (as a mage), and on his way to the ship he talks to Milten, milten asks him if he is sure of his choice to join the magicians of fire (servants of Innos) he's not really sure waht to answer...he is generally very mistrustfull towards the gods.
there is one thing i didn't really understand in the undead dragon - hero dialogue: why was the hero so surprised at some point? he said "no, that can't be true, xardas allways said...." i don't know what he meant by that. he must have understood something...
maybe the divine origin of the hero is quite possible after all.....
but gods dying.....i don't think that would be possible...i mean after all, all the magicians, and especially Vatras, through his preching, always mention the eternal battle between Beliar and Innos. it can't just end....
also, the fact that Xardas in the end recites a part of Vatras' preching "and the human slew the beast....and it entered into Beliars' realm" suggests something like......as if all the things that happen in the story of gothic are meant to happen. as if they have already happened......
yeah...this will surely be one interesting story.....
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:39 pm
Angelo
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I think all the info about the kingdom you get in g2 show, that in g3 we'll probably be moving arround the whole kingdom. Probably well have to save everyone's asses again.
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:43 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next