Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Biggest Spoiler in Gothic 2 - Unlimited Experience!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

They may have also intentionally left it in, for those player's who scattered their points too much early in the game to be able to get good at either 1-H or 2-H later.

I mean, if you invested in Alchemy and hunting skills, some Str, some Dex, some 1-H, some 2-H, and bow skills, all the way through Ch1, you might have a hard time getting your 1-H or 2-H up to 100%.

Besides, it's not the worst exploit. The worst one is a carryover from G-1 that gives you unlimited Str, Dex, Mana, or HP's (or all 4). I'm not going to post it here, but if you want to know what it is, you can PM me and I'll let you know.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:26 am
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Why? This is a spoiler forum afet all.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:32 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

You're right about the forum. I was just holding back because some people get so touchy about these things and this is a biggie But, what the heck, I'm sure some people already know this one anyway. For those who don't want to know.......................

***********************SPOILER************************

First, find a potion that gives you a permanent Stat increase, (you can do this with the appropriate herb too, but it takes forever that way, you're better off waiting until you get a potion).

Next, find a low level monster that can't hurt you too much. I prefer Molerats myself, because they bite fast and frequently.

Next, go stand next to the creature and ready your potion, then use it at the exact same time the creature strikes and you'll get the increase, but the potion will also respawn in your inventory! Save and repeat as often as needed.

You should save your game just before you try this, and after every successful attempt, in case you time it wrong and the potion is used up.

PS-Standing between two Molerats is almost a guaranteed success. I left just two alive in the small cave next to the Paladin's burial cave for just this purpose. They're the only two Molerats who will survive Gothic 2.

PSS- This should go without saying, but if you don't use some restraint with this exploit, you can really ruin the game experience.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:59 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehehe yeah after the german demo was out someone allready told us that it can be done by doing that
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:48 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Yeah but people used one Dragon Root and one Goblin something to raise their stats, these were the only things you could get in the demo taht would raise your stats permanently.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:15 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I guess it is a bigger exploit.... I'll have to try it now.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:35 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by TheCleric
PS-Standing between two Molerats is almost a guaranteed success. I left just two alive in the small cave next to the Paladin's burial cave for just this purpose. They're the only two Molerats who will survive Gothic 2.

I think there is also a pair of molerats inside a cave under a bridge. The bridge I refer to is right beside the tavern.

Anyway, those permastat elixirs can make the hero too powerful. Once you've learned alchemy and collected most of the elixirs and King's Sorrels, and you'll know why. So, you can develop a God-like character even through regular gameplay.

@SirDeity: I thought you've known this earlier. I remember it's mentioned in one of the posts you started, but ... whatever...
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:47 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

It's possible I've overlooked the post. I didn't know about this exploit. Get me the link if you can. I'm curious, now that you mention it.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:22 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Change the Skeleton level. The experience given is 10 X Level. So change Skeleton to some lower number say level 8 and you only get 80 experience or zero for none (that is a bit much). Level does not affect the monster fighting or strength in anyway; just how much experience you get. It still would help out someone you really needs to level up but make them work long and hard for it.

The biggest problem is that the MANA is regenerated full upon a reload of game for the Skeleton Mage (it does regenerate slowly anyway but not very fast). There is not much can be done about that since the that state of mana not saved during a save.

Lower the skeleton experience level and change mana amount so mage can cast more of them before running out and Mage level higher so killing mage gives the big payoff; or decrease how much mana the mage has and make skeleton much tougher to kill, allow skeleton to have some alternate ranged attack too. (produce archers? magic? Give Mage cast Deathbolt? Ice block to freeze you?) the weapons they use is scripted in.

I do not want to take away the infinite experience pump; but lower it so that it is not very easy and must work hard and long for it. What would be the best way to do this? Alot of stuff can be Modified in the game.dat file for G2Hard MOD.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:47 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

@TheCleric
That is one heck of an exploit. I do not know how to get rid of that one. It is in the engine EXE and I do not mess with that.

I can add in more King Sorrel in chest (Iwant to make more custom quest for Hard MOD) so that you can have still plenty of experience to win. I can make the monsters give more experience for being tougher. I made Seeker twice as hard roughly, but gives out 50% more experience per kill. I am presently trying to find out where the weapon data is stored for each thing in game so they cast Fireball instead of wimpy Fire Arrow.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:52 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
allow skeleton to have some alternate ranged attack too. (produce archers? magic? Give Mage cast Deathbolt? Ice block to freeze you?) the weapons they use is scripted in.

Skeleton archers are fine, but I'm not sure if there's an archery animation for skeletons. I think it is better to let the skeletons concentrate on their weaponry skills. Simple magic is fine, but leave all the cool stuff for the mage.

Skeleton mages can cast ice block, but you can make them cast the spell more often.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:04 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

The Skeleton Mage (general AI script) will cast thier best 'weapon' I guess here is Summon skeleton for 45 mana for one and a drain of 3 mana per sec. They will cast thier 'secondary' scripted weapon if they have enough mana. Ice Block is 20 mana to cast. If the mage has a few skeletons runing around each drain 3 mana per second -they never really have enough mana to fire off Ice Block on you very much even though they do regenerate mana but it is too slow to keep up with the summon skeleton drain.

If I MOD them easier to give them triple Mana, Mage will blast you (I hope) much more often with Ice block (60 initial damage plus 2 per sec while it last). I must test this and see if they really will cast Ice Block more often with higher mana reserves. If not, somewhere in the script is the frenquency they use the 'best' then 'second' best attacks. I can see the text, but the data numbers is compiled and not so easy to find. I can also change thier 'fight technique' number to change that alteration between 'attack' types and behaviour.

That is a good idea about making them cast Ice Block more often (enough to really hurt and kill you) . THAT would be the best and leave the rest alone.

Then maybe lower the EXP for Skeleton down and up the EXP given for killing Mage. I can also make all sketelons harder to kill maybe (they are used other places and could upset balance).

Then if you want infinite experience you will have to run away once in a while to regain your health. Long and boring but no reloading of game to do it since if you stay in one spot; the mage will kill you quick enough; your health is stored in the save game so there is no good hiding place to stop the mage from hurting you while you kill the infinite skeletons.

IE if you save and reload for more skeletons; your health will be lower and hopefully enough to really make you think twice about sticking around to be blasted hard again by Ice Block (reloaded Mage is back at full mana power). You do not want to kill mage since that is your infinite suppy of skeletons. I need to test this. Interesting idea and see how it works.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:57 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Info on Sketeton Mage behaviour.

Info on Sketeton Mage behaviour, I tested. The mana trick will not work. they are coded to do this forever as if they have inifinite mana out in the open with Insert Mage.

They will cast Ice Block only once the first time only; then they cast Summon Skeleton, then they will hit you with Ice Arrow four times; then cast Summon Skeleton again -over and over forever. I watched them on open ground create a legion of skeletons.

Something else is going on. Where exactly is the crypt with the six Skeleton Mages at? Is it next to Onar's farm? I have never found it. I wanted to see the in game behaviour myself.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:32 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Info on Sketeton Mage behaviour.

quote:
Info on Sketeton Mage behaviour, I tested. The mana trick will not work. they are coded to do this forever as if they have inifinite mana out in the open with Insert Mage.

They will cast Ice Block only once the first time only; then they cast Summon Skeleton, then they will hit you with Ice Arrow four times; then cast Summon Skeleton again -over and over forever. I watched them on open ground create a legion of skeletons.

Yes, it was in my mind that the mage's behaviour is not determined by its mana limit, but by some AI script which controls its primary and secondary weapons.

Long long ago, I tried changing its maximum mana to 1000, and yet, the mage's behaviour was still the same:

Ice Block, Summon, Ice Arrow * ~5, Summon, Ice Arrow * ~5, Summon, Attacked by skeletons that it summons, Dies.

I have seen several cases when the mage is actually attacked by skeleton and dies; this, although not necessarily intentionally, minimizes the chance to take advantage of the experience pump. It surprises me that you can see them generate a legion of undead armies.

quote:
Something else is going on. Where exactly is the crypt with the six Skeleton Mages at? Is it next to Onar's farm? I have never found it. I wanted to see the in game behaviour myself.

The catacombs is located slightly north from Onar's headquarters. The following map may help:

• Green: Onar's farm: You should be there when you use your teleport rune.
  • Cyan: Inubis' Tomb

The crypt belongs to the fallen paladin Inubis, who is surrounded by a huge army of undead if you arouse him. So, after you've aroused him, even if you can see the six Skeleton Mages there, you still need to deal with Inubis and his minions. By the time you finish them off, the mages may be already dead, or killed by other undead minions. It is very difficult to isolate them and observe their actions through regular gameplay.

There are still other places where you can encounter Skeleton Mages. e.g. the secret library, and the one which has Angar's amulet. I don't know if Dragon Slicer's cave has one.

Or alternatively, you can spawn a Skeleton Mage through devmode console. linkitch has compiled a list of items and their respective item codes. I doubt you'll ever need it, though. Anyway, whatever: SKELETONMAGE and SKELETONMAGE_ANGAR. Don't laugh.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:20 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by SirDeity
quote:
Originally posted by Korzen
I don't see a big difference betwen using the skeleton mages and marvin mode to summon skeletons

My way is an exploit. Your way is a cheat.

I agree with you. I don't think your method is a cheat since you are actually and fairly fighting the skeletons to earn the LP.

But you didn't answer someone's question in the thread. Well, I couldn't find the answer. At what level can you start doing this? What chapter? I'm in chapter 1.

And where is this crypt? I found one crypt with immobile skeleton guards and locked chests that require keys. I got nothing but a few goodies down there.
Post Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:32 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next