Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Wheres the dang shields?(Or: Whats the point of 1-H weapons)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Now see...that’s a good post. Gor Na Katarn did not shoot any ones idea down in one way or the other. He had an idea on the subject and made a post. I like the idea about the handgun too...I would add the requirement of learning a high order of alchemy also. After all, not everyone ran around making black powder. I would make shields a learning step in Blacksmithing. Maybe in between low end swords and the higher end Ore based weapons. One of the major things I like about Gothic is its freedom of choice. But like everything…it comes at a cost.

Sylvio
Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:23 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

quote:
Originally posted by Ragnar
The only thing I have read about no shields in the game is that some people don’t want them…fine…don’t use them. But just because you don’t like shield does not give you the right to deprive others of their right to use them.

My thoughts exactly. If you block and have a shield equipped, you use the shield. If you have no shield, you raise your sword.

ps nice ideas about the pistols!

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:44 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

sorry jaz but it was getting really annoying
@gor na whatever nice idea about the handguns but i dont think itll make it
Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:10 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

sorry bout the bump but i cant let a topic like this die
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:15 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

err now pistols too ? u ppl going mad
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:33 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus
u ppl going mad

Says a man who wants rice schnappes back in the game

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:43 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yeah really who the hell would perfer rice schnapps over gin
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:56 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
err now pistols too ? u ppl going mad

The game has to go somewhere…in G2 they introduced cannons into the game and while they were not functional they were there. That pin-head of a traitor that hitches a ride to the island with you even tell you that he is a pretty good shot with one. So at least cannons have been introed into the game. I also remember someone else saying how the Paladins were worried about how they were going top keep the Orks from storming the city gate or wall. It seems to me that combat is evolving in Gothic.

Sylvio
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:03 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

I think that primitive muskets would be a nice addition to Gothic's armoury, people are saying that Gothic's indivudality being ruined if shields are introduced, I think that adding muskets would make it even more unique. I think that most peole would think that "handgus" would involve people walking with Glocks in their belts to tell you the truth.

Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:10 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

it would be allready some super fantasy game if there would be also Handguns maan just think it would go to Duke Nukem Forever in old time allready after that mayb we need some greanades and C4 also ?
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:15 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
it would be allready some super fantasy game if there would be also Handguns maan just think it would go to Duke Nukem Forever in old time allready after that mayb we need some greanades and C4 also ?

Sylvio
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:17 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ok now its just getting rediculous, no c4 amd no gernades we do want this to be a medevil fantasy game, no more duke nukem games he is played out
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:52 am
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ok…I think we (almost) agree that shield would be and could be a workable solution in a future release of Gothic, but only if it was a choice that you could make. That way people who would like to play with shield could and those that didn’t wouldn’t.

After my last post about the cannons in Gothic, my curiosity has been piqued about the whole situation…I mean, do you think PB would throw cannons into the game with a story behind it as eye candy only? Or are they there to introduce the idea of cannons being used in G3 or 4?

Or is the whole story about fighting naval battles against the Orks a big fat lie like the sign posted by the alien dwarf?

Sylvio
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:11 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

a sign posted by an alien dwarf?

i think its a lie, because if they had working cannons then people would push harder for muskets, and i serriously doubt that gothic would work out to be as much fun as it already is, after all the sound of the gun would be almost as bad as the harpie's last scream and i know everyone knows how annoying the harpy scream is
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:17 am
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

quote:
mayb we need some greanades

Now that could work! You know, made by some crazy alchemist with nothing better to do . I don't think that the controls would allow it though.

quote:
Originally posted by Shmaugus
everyone knows how annoying the harpy scream is

I didn't mid that Harpy scream, but its a matter of opinion.

Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:45 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next